cat meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodding dog

hello people,
can anyone tell me where i can buy coshida cat meat from i can't seem to find it anywhere or does anybody know of a good alternative ???

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
The only stockists now that I know of are the Lidl's Supermarket chain.
Buy only the flavours marked 'Chunks' as the normal is just a useless mush

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

hi, the catmeat i tend to use is one called Rufus duck and chicken. It comes in chunks with jelly surrounding it. I have to dig my way through to get nice hard chunks but you can use the mush and jelly round the sides for loosefeed. i tend to use a size 10 hook to keep it on. ( its a bummer for coming of hook ). They go crazy for it at my lake. The bigger the catmeat the bigger the fish i see it as. Kitekats another good one. it comes in gravy and you dont get jelly all over your hands. You have to wash your hands a million times to get rid of the smell. Anyway i hop this helps m8.

jon

What beats FISHING, ....... er NOTHING

patriot

Trevs right the only place i can say for definite is lidl,s get the beef+kidney.Some certain tackle dealers in my area are cashing in on coshida by buying it for 29p and selling it on for a 1.00a tin been banned on a couple of waters round hear somthing to do with too much going in and taking the oxy out of the water and also effecting the fish.Still cant deny hell of a bagging method when they are having a go bag up my freind enjoy but dont lick your fingers when using it
(Meowwww) lol lol.

Patriot.

brady

one good method ive found is use any cat food to cup in and use the kitekat meat in pouches on the hook its really tough and stays on the hook for ages

Steve

I have been using pedigree chum puppy chunks (that's chunks for puppies rather than chunks of puppy) in jelly with pretty good effect. Crucians seem to love it; it's a little soft but goes on ok using a hair rig baiting needle.

Last weekend I had a good lot of fish on it. Not quite as good as my roach catching 14 year old son that was with me. He landed a nice 9lb mirror on a size 18 hook with a single maggot with less than 2 lb hook length line. I was proud of him. icon_smile_big.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.