Cat Meat Advice Needed

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Reading @G0zzer2 's write up about his best carp made me realise that I have very little experience of using cat meat. I know that there are times it can dominate (where allowed) and so I wonder if I should add this bait to my armoury. I do OK using corn, pellets, meat if allowed but wonder if I am missing a trick.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good guide or let me have some insights into the use of cat meat.

I should say that I have experimented in the past on bream dominated venues adding mashed cat meat, fish flavour, to my groundbait with a small amount of success.

me

Ask Dave nicely if he can find it in the archives as there was a brilliant post im sure by Kev coke all about cat meat fishing. It explained everything from plumbing the depth, to hooking the meat to what to the float going under.

Back in the day the bvest cat meat was coshida from lidls but whiskers is good now lidl changed coshida

Rick123

Site Supporter
Excellent piece. I wonder about the no shot down the line however, it must only work on non windy days I'd guess?