Castle Ashby

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Do any you fish or know ppl that fish castle ashby??? i am thinking of taking up match fishing again after a break and i was thinking of fishing castle a lot cos it is near me but i was hoping to get some info on the place before i go down there!

Any help appreciated!

matt

Site Supporter
Sorry mate, can't help you as i have never fished there before, but if you do, let me know how you get on because its somewhere i've been thinking about fishing, but never quite got around to
tight lines thumbsup.gif

HEY DUDE............
afro.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Tony,

Castle Ashby matches are run throughout the year mainly on Grendon pond and scotland pond.

Grendon is mainly carp in the summer but good catches of skimmers and roach make up the winter weights.Most of the time they are won in the summer is on floating baits.Marshmallows,sugar puffs,dog biscuits etc.In the cooler months traditional baits like maggot and caster account for the best weights.

Hope this helps.

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Thanks Keith, do you fish the place???? i am going to start there in the new year!

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Tony! [:)]

Little bit more info for you on Castle Ashby. [:)]

Regular open matches are held every Sat. Sun and Wed.
with Wednesday's match being on Scotland pond and for silver fish(roach) only, this match can and does attract big names (have seen Bob Nudd before now) cost used to be 15 with pools extra don't know present cost. Haven't been for couple of years or so
You can ring Mick Hewlett on 01604 712346 for more details.
Or the fishery during shop hours on 01604 696024 they will put you straight on prices, times, rules etc.
Anyway hope this helps you.

Steve

image174.gif

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thanks steve! i know good angles make the midweek! i am hoping to make a trip over there at the weekend for a walk round!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Ginger,

No i don't fish it very often for some strange reason.It is full of fish but tends to be a method water.Not the method but you need to fish it a few times to get into it and play it from there.Brett and Mick are a great help.
Likewise i live locally and will try to sort out a day to fish it with you.

Keith,be warned a cokehead.

england_gm_e0.gif

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Tony and Keith

Just got back from taking my daughter and her friends to Wollaston, thought I'd call in to Castle Ashby and have a look around on the way back.
Firstly I would like to say it was f-f-f-f-freezing!!!! I got out the car with the outside temp indicator showing a glowing 2deg c!!!with the ICE warning showing!![:0]
The Brave? souls seated around the lake were catching but as probably expected it was only small stuff, both Grendon and Scotland ponds were well attended. Everyone I spoke to on Scotland said it had been hardwork today and boy was I glad when I got back in the car to come home, I'd only been out about 1/2 hour and I was frozen, as I left saw three monkeys arguing over a set of welding gear [:D][:D]
The only thing that looked welcoming today was the big bonfire behind the shop. [:)][^]
The lakes looked more or less the same as when I last visited, and some of the lads I spoke to said it had been fishing well up to this cold spell, the parking and accesss had been improved so looks like further visits are on the cards (but when it's a bit warmer!![:D])

Steve

image174.gif

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Thanks for the info steve! i didnt make it yesterday because it was very very cold and i wimped out!, i got roped into putting the d******ions up instead but i will def have a couple of matches down there in the new year!

Keith, good idea m8, i wont be able to fish until into the new year but it would be good to go with a coke head! you fishign the bag-up? series next year? am i really 2-1?

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Ginger,

That sounds fine by me.Working most days up to xmas and the new year is generally quieter at work.

Yes i am fishing the bag up series next year and the banter has already started and theres still 6 months to go.

The secret with odds is to blow out early lengthen the odds and from then on sack up.

But be warned Kev the bookie won it last year and does not miss too many tricks and the cokeheads will be defending 1st,2nd and third places overall.

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i dont think blowing out in the first match will be too hard!!!! drop me a message with your number or post a date you can make, are we talking weekdays or a weekend?

snakey

PAA COACH
I have fished the lakes a few times with Keith and I agree with him.It seems they wise up to a particular method after a while.Try something different and the carp may respond. Let me know when you go as I live in Olney which is only 5 mins away. By the way both Keith and myself often fish the river in Olney if your interested, good catches of bream,chub plenty of silver fish some big carp and a few barbel(I know what your going to say Keith if you read this but there is always next season) and at 3 a day or 12 for a season ticket its worth a look.

NOT TAKEN UP GOLF YET

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
snakey, that would be brill, i have been through olney and the river looks really nice! would be nice to fish runnning water! and only 12! bargin!

keith has my number now so when we arrange a trip i will get to contact you! the more the merrier!

MALC

Dont forget me & RED [;)][;)][;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
sounds like a fish in to me now! give me a chance to gauage the competition for the bag up series! how do i get the faces?

matt

Site Supporter
If youre thinking of a fish in or a summer series practice, count me in too, as i'm in milton keynes and it would be good to put some names to faces.
happy baggin

HEY DUDE............
afro.gif

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
well me and keith will be dropping in to castle ashby during jan i reckon! can arrange later in the year as well! i am going to try and fish the matches up there!

snakey

PAA COACH
let me know when and how many and i will sort out day tickets in advance( can`t remember if it`s 2 or 3). doesn`t fish to good in the winter but i am willing to have a bash .

NOT TAKEN UP GOLF YET

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,Steve and anyone else.

We will let you know the date in advance and post details nearer the time re the castle ashby trip so as many can come as possible.

Snakey,
I will look at the shift patterns for the new year and arrange a date with you.

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

Polepot

Poles
Guys,

Count me in if I can manage the date.

Poles

wales.gif
Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners
fish.gif

Status