Castle Ashby 31 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Anyone fancy a day at Castle Ashby near Northampton on above date.Both myself and Snakey will be there.Malc,Ginger,Nick anyone fancy it.

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

Keith.

I'll have a word with Steve tomorrow when i see him as i'm car-less at the moment.

The engine's blown in the Granny [:(][:(]

I'll let you know soon as i know.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Polepot

Poles
Keith,

Since I now have a job going fishing is not so easy.

Anyway Guys have a great time

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Nick,

Sorry you cannot make it but i know what you mean.

Malc,

You and your cars

Keith

EJAYAR

Hi,
like Nick I'll be working, too late to book off or I may have popped down.

[:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)]

Malc are you "JINXING" your cars as well????

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

matt

Keith
i would love to have a days fishin down castle ashby, as i've not tried it before, but unfortunately am working till 6pm on 31st[:(] but if you're planning another trip in the new year i'd be keen to give it a go.
tight lines and a happy new year[:D]

HEY DUDE............

MALC

Keith,

Sadly i can't make it either [:(][:(]

Lack of a motor is doing my head in.

Ejayar,

Nothing is safe from me (except the fish) [;)][;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Well lads,

Glad to say you did not miss anything special.
A few roach a skimmer about 2lb and a lost carp.Struggled until late afternoon and was not getting bites.had to scale down to 08 bottom and 20 hooks.
Still always next time.Just good to get out.

Keith

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
keith, how did you fish it????? anyone else catch much???

snakey

PAA COACH
Keith and myself fished "Scotland Lake" at castle ashby. Keith fished the pole all day using everything edible in his bait tray. Eventually caught on maggot. I tried the pole with chopped worm and caster. Had nothing on the worm and just small roach on single caster. Chucked a feeder just short of the far bank. Had a wrap round bite on the worm but pulled out of it then nothing. Tried different baits and got bites on maggot but nothing big.A friend of mine match fished "Grendon Lake" (the main carp lake) the day before we went, Small carp fell to maggot on the method feeder and skimmers /roach to the pole. 34lb won the match and that was mainly due to a double figure carp caught in the final 10 minutes. I will keep an eye on how it is fishing and arrange another trip over there.

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thanks snakey, i have suggested a date to keith on email, i may have a method sorted but will show you it on the day, just a idea someone gave me!! will see!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
also did you try pinkie and/or squatt???

snakey

PAA COACH
I think given the conditions etc pinkie would have worked but unfortunatly neither of us took any. Will make sure i`ve got a few for the next visit just in case, just let me know when.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Well i think if we go soon then we will need ice breakers! i have been told of a apparently fail safe method which i will try when i go down, i dont fancy breaking the ice down there to be honest cos it is pretty shallow so i think its best to wait for a thaw! what do you reckon or do you break the ice and freeze to death???

snakey

PAA COACH
Totally agree with you. no sense in freezing to death when you don`t have to. Send me an e mail when you intend going, looking forward to seeing this method of yours as I said previously its the type of water where you have to try a different approach to the norm. Until you try it out you`ll never know.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
will do! where do you get your bait and that from as the tackle shop in wellie will not buy squatt unless there is a canal match so im koofed!!!!

lets hope the snow has gone for good now!!!!

snakey

PAA COACH
I normally get all my bait from sportsmans lodge in wolverton. Not to sure wether or not you have to pre order squatt and pinkie as I don`t use them very often.I am suprised you can`t get any in Wellingborough, I thought the owner of the shop opposite Morrisons
(i think) was a keen match angler and kept the shop pretty well stocked but I maybe wrong, anyway the phone number for sportsmans is
01908 313158. They do have another shop in northampton if that is nearer for you but I don`t have their number. I know it`s a bit of a trek either way but I can`t think of anywhere else.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
cheers snakey, the lady owner of the tackle shop said they dont have squatt unless they have a canal match which is strange! i am thinking of going this sat as long as there isnt a match as the weather should be getting warmer all week!

snakey

PAA COACH
I would love to join you but unfortunately the wife has started d*******g the lounge so it looks like i`ll be busy this weekend. I know fishing should come first but got to keep her happy, You know what i mean. If I get a spare hour I may call up to see you. Let me know for deffinate if you are going and what times you`ll be there from.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Dont fancy it if its only me to be honest snakey, waiting to see if keith fancies it!

Status
Not open for further replies.