Cars, Cars, Cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith20

Been thinking about selling my Volvo S40 and buying a new one. I have 2 cars I'm interested in. One of them is a Ford Mondeo. My uncle has one on a 51 plate. It has around 99,000 miles on it. Good condition, it's missing a wheel trim though! lol. It's a petrol and the tax is 205 a year. The insurance is going to be quite a bit too. He's wanting 1,200 for it, he said he'll sell it to me cheap, not sure how much. The other is a Ford Focus. My Dad used to have one and I absolutely loved it! It'd definitely be a TDCI. With the Focus being a Diesel the tax is 125 a year and the insurance is cheaper than the Mondeo. In good condition and depending on the age they go for around, 1,500 to 2,500 according to the Parkers website.

Now my question. Which one would you go for? I'm leaning towards the Focus but the Mondeo is a very nice car and I can get it for quite cheap.

Thanks for your help!

Tom.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
1'200 for a ten year old car...........and a mondeo at that!!! no thanks i'd go for the focus

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Originally posted by Trogg

1'200 for a ten year old car...........and a mondeo at that!!! no thanks i'd go for the focus

Agreed[:T]

And I dont even like Fords as a rule, but the Focus is a cracking car.

zenith20

Originally posted by simonelsey

whats wrong with your s40 its basically a ford any way ??

Mmmmmm. I think it was based on the old Charisma. I'm pretty sure it has the Chassis. The main reason I'm thinking of getting rid is the car is costing a lot in petrol. I drive to chester 5 days a week.

badpegpicker how come you don't like the focus?

nobby478

miserable old ....
The TDC1 is an awesome engine and the Focus is a great car, apart from that wee back window.

I'd go for that given the choice.

Cooky

common problem with the fords is the Injectors,when mine went i was surprised to see all the topics on the same subject on the ford forums

250 each new and over 100 if you want yours reconditioned

slappy2

thats prob,same with mondeo derv engines around the 100k mark need replacing,
i had older mondeos for years always did me well older ones are better then the new ones too

Status
Not open for further replies.