Carrying kit

Keith Sparky

I don't get this thread.....surely you take what you want to cover your needs depending on the venue and circumstances.....for a pleasure session on a venue you know well then you take what you need and leave home all the other extra...for a match and to be consistently competitive then you need to cover all bases....for a short river roaming session 1 rod and a bag of bits seems sensible......

pies

Site Supporter
You've got two Rive boxes now?....Jeez! :oops: ;)
I have two octboxes and a rive. Used to have two rives but gave one away
Some venues i know its pole or rod. But some you could draw either so need to take both
Thene there is the issue of taking stuff out and forgetting to put it back in next time. So everything stays in
I take a unhooking mat but never use it but its a rule you have to have one with you

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Me fully loaded is 5 outfits (2 more than I’ve ever used in a day and 2 or 3 more than usually I take) and I’m never particularly heavily loaded certainly not to the extent that I need a trolly at my age. When you drive a hatch back and fish rivers you can’t really take an obscene amount although when fully loaded I’ve never felt I’m missing something unless I’ve actually forgotten it or just not bought it yet!

Really can’t see how some people take quite so much (except if fishing with pole and rod as that's 2 sets of gear tbf) but it doesn’t bother me how much anyone else takes as it’s not me that has to lug it about and get it in and out of the car 😂

Marker50

Site Supporter
At this rate i can sell estate car and go in wifes 2 seater mini.
Ni mind buyin a van

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ha! Some of them on here would rather you took a travel rod, and put all your extra items in your pocket 😂😂😂😂😂
Now you say that when I fish abroad with gear that I can fit in my suitcase (with my clothes!) I do wonder how on earth I take so much stuff coarse fishing then I remember it’s all the seat, net, rod rests, bait and what not stuff that makes coarse fishing quite bulky 😂

nejohn

Site Supporter
Got mine down to boss modulator box with a couple of reels plus catapult, rod rest heads etc in the base, I take the drawer units to suit the fishery ( no use carrying a load of stick floats etc if I fishing a stillwater) with the wheel kit attached I can fit a carryall on top with bait, waterproofs, nets and a small side tray (other side tray stored underneath seatbox) then a rod holdall over my shoulder which will again be tailored to where I am fishing, if I am going to the Wye or Monnow then it will be short holdall with 4 float rods and a couple of feeder rods (not made up). However if it is a stillwater probably a pole, a few top kits a float and feeder rod both made up and one each spare unmade. So holdall over my shoulder and everything else on strapped to the box on its wheel kit

JLK

Absolute compact Seat box.
Net bag with 3 nets and an XL side tray. (Two net bags in summer)
2 rod hard case (fits 4 rods in) don't always take. Depends on venue.
10 tube hold all (2 full poles and top kits which are venue specific)
Roller bag with two rollers and accessories.
Carry all which is the Mosella hard top.
Eva groundbait bowl with zip lid either full of groundbait pre mixed or full with drill and dry groundbait if needing to mix on the bank.
And a 4 wheel trolley flat packed.

Then there's my mates gear which is about the same again and we get all this in a standard estate car. Summer can be a tight squeeze but in winter I can see out the back window. 👍🏻

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Absolute compact Seat box.
Net bag with 3 nets and an XL side tray. (Two net bags in summer)
2 rod hard case (fits 4 rods in) don't always take. Depends on venue.
10 tube hold all (2 full poles and top kits which are venue specific)
Roller bag with two rollers and accessories.
Carry all which is the Mosella hard top.
Eva groundbait bowl with zip lid either full of groundbait pre mixed or full with drill and dry groundbait if needing to mix on the bank.
And a 4 wheel trolley flat packed.

Then there's my mates gear which is about the same again and we get all this in a standard estate car. Summer can be a tight squeeze but in winter I can see out the back window. 👍🏻
Which roller bag takes two rollers mate?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Which roller bag takes two rollers mate?
Loads of roller bags will take 2 rollers, for instance my MVR roller bag takes 2 MVR rollers, however there isn’t a bag made that will house 2 Signature Pro rollers, so I have to take them in their own original bags

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Blimus... even at the height of my match fishing I had 2 feeder rods (8' & 11') pellet waggler 11' & 13' float rod, 14.5m pole & 6 top2's in a 6 tube holdall, seat box, bait bag, net bag and rollers... all of it went onto a 2 wheel rigger platform....

CarpCatcher86

It’s alright if you’re a pleasure angler 🤷‍♂️When you fish matches you never know what method will work on the day, in a match situation, with more pressure on the venue ...I’d rather take too much , than not have something with me , and personally I don’t really care what others think ...I certainly couldn’t get by with a rucksack etc, but good luck to those that can , but I certainly wouldn’t call them ridiculous, like they seem to think I am,
I'm not having a go at anyone mate, plus I have fished and won many matches carrying minimal gear, regardless of the method or methods used on a particular day. I could have taken the kitchen sink with me ever time, would it have improved or hindered performance? Maybe maybe not I'll never know.