Carrying kit

Alantherose

Site Supporter
It’s alright if you’re a pleasure angler 🤷‍♂️When you fish matches you never know what method will work on the day, in a match situation, with more pressure on the venue ...I’d rather take too much , than not have something with me , and personally I don’t really care what others think ...I certainly couldn’t get by with a rucksack etc, but good luck to those that can , but I certainly wouldn’t call them ridiculous, like they seem to think I am,
I wouldn't say you are ridiculous- if it serves what you are doing, then it works right? Nevertheless, the abundance of gear can certainly appear to be ridiculous for those who do not deem it necessary.

I hope you can see that this is different from labelling you ridiculous- that would be harsh indeed.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The only time I cart the kitchen sink is for a long stay carping trip... and even then its a pared down kit... after nigh on 60 years of fishing you learn a few things... looking at some of the photo's of kits on this thread, I can honestly say I took less for a week in France or on Redmire...!!!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Let’s be sensible about it , if I’m fishing a match , where all methods work I’ll take - pole hold-all, top kit case, ready rod bag(3rods), 3 rollers in bags, carryall, bait bag , seatbox, keep net stink bag , large side tray in bag, maybe,need a barrow 🤷‍♂️In reality I can’t streamline that without leaving something at home I may need

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Not as long as I imagined
I'm on the other side and don't take lots of tackle.
Do take more than enough bait though "just in case"
I do really think that far too many anglers don't feed enough.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Not as long as I imagined
I'm on the other side and don't take lots of tackle.
Do take more than enough bait though "just in case"
I do really think that far too many anglers don't feed enough.
In summer I always take the bait for the weight !!, no good running out, you can always take it home /use next time ....don’t need much in winter, just a little of everything

Alantherose

Site Supporter
In summer I always take the bait for the weight !!, no good running out, you can always take it home /use next time ....don’t need much in winter, just a little of everything
Honest-question-with-no-agenda-just-purely-out-of-interest: How much does it cost you- all in- to fish a match in the summer?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Honest-question-with-no-agenda-just-purely-out-of-interest: How much does it cost you- all in- to fish a match in the summer?
To fish an open costs £23 all in , plus £7 super pool , bait in summer can cost from £10 upto £20 , plus fuel

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
My silvers match series starts next Sunday, 3 feeder rods and 3 waggler rods, is the minimum I will take

Stewie74

Site Supporter
What difference does it make what someone else takes? It’s not like you’ve got to carry it, is it?