Carrying kit

matti

Site Supporter
i use a prestons xs series seat box, for the simple reason its got a deep base setion, which i carry all my bits and bobs, float tubes, catapults, pole pots etc, if i had to store these in a seperate bag, id only end up forgetting them, id love a new seat box but modern boxes seem more set up with drawers more than storage, and buying extra box sections, the cost can soon ad up

Fartacus

Site Supporter
Seeing some of those photos is down right ridiculous, why take so much gear?????
I have a holdall a Drennan 40 ltrs back pack and a plastic bucket for all my bait and can carry it all for miles..

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Seeing some of those photos is down right ridiculous, why take so much gear?????
I have a holdall a Drennan 40 ltrs back pack and a plastic bucket for all my bait and can carry it all for miles..
It’s not ridiculous, just because you don’t do it !!!!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’ve got my kit down to a little tool box for lunchtime river sessions with rod/whip and net in hand.

Lake trips with my boy or solo are a small seat box, unhooking mat rolled around a little generic 3 rod hold-all for net and rods and a heavy duty carrier bag with bait

Don’t own enough gear to justify anything more - yet - but working on it :giggle:

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Does anyone else think that if there wasn't luggage available we wouldn't take so much :D ?

I've got lots of 'just in case' items :D
Yes, I do. When I first fished rivers I had an Umbra haversack complete with unfolding stool, a landing net, and a rod bag which held the balance of all my gear- bank sticks, rods landing net poles and umbrella. I used to trek a 3 mile stretch of the Uck looking for hints of activity and good spots to fish from. Nowadays I couldn't ask for more stuff than I have, but I'd not even think about being mobile with it. The difference? Moved from essential to " being in an ideal world" with my seatbox and whole drawers full of feeders, terminal tackle, and bits

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
Does anyone else think that if there wasn't luggage available we wouldn't take so much :D ?

I've got lots of 'just in case' items :D
I bought the Air 6 rod holdall but couldn't fit everything in. So bought the Air 12 rod holdall. Then bought the Daiwa connoisseur XLS which doesn't fit the Air 12. So bought the Air 12 XLS holdall 🙂, then the Air 2 ready rod holdall 😁

CarpCatcher86

I also don't understand why so many people carry so much gear. You know the water you are going to fish, you know what fish are in said water and you know what methods ad bait you are going to use to catch said fish. So why do you need to take so much gear with you, always with the excuse, just in case I need it. Chances are you know you won't need it but you still insist on taking everything. Does it make you feel secure having all your gar with you? On the subject of security, if someone were to rob you or break in to your car, they would have every item of tackle you own in one go instead of just one rod and reel and a few bits of end tackle.

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
I also don't understand why so many people carry so much gear. You know the water you are going to fish, you know what fish are in said water and you know what methods ad bait you are going to use to catch said fish. So why do you need to take so much gear with you, always with the excuse, just in case I need it. Chances are you know you won't need it but you still insist on taking everything. Does it make you feel secure having all your gar with you? On the subject of security, if someone were to rob you or break in to your car, they would have every item of tackle you own in one go instead of just one rod and reel and a few bits of end tackle.
I use everything I take apart from my umbrella if it's dry if it's wet I use it!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_081434.jpg
    IMG_20200815_081434.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 17

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It’s alright if you’re a pleasure angler 🤷‍♂️When you fish matches you never know what method will work on the day, in a match situation, with more pressure on the venue ...I’d rather take too much , than not have something with me , and personally I don’t really care what others think ...I certainly couldn’t get by with a rucksack etc, but good luck to those that can , but I certainly wouldn’t call them ridiculous, like they seem to think I am,

Last edited: