Carrying kit

johnnym124

Merry xmas all, just wondering how people carry/organise their kit if like me you take the kitchen sink out with you?.

I have mostly the matrix pro ethos luggage which includes a rod holdall, ready rod bag, large caryall, large tackle/bait bag, eva stink bag and seatbox with stack system. Things like hook boxes and the guru feeder box i have are usually carried in the stack system however the large tackle/bait bag houses all these items plus my bait/catapults etc ive discovered plus the large 15" guru rig case which i got for xmas and wouldnt fit in the stacks anyhow, so im thinking making more use of the tackle/bait bag and removing the stack system completely making my seatbox lighter in the process!?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It's not that often I take the kitchen sink as like you say it's pain in the bum to carry but when I do its ruckbag on back, chair under one arm and rod bag/quiver over the other shoulder. Quite rare I take the rod bag/quiver to be honest as I usually only take a couple rods these days but when I have the rod bag/quiver I do have everything I could possibly need.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Merry xmas all, just wondering how people carry/organise their kit if like me you take the kitchen sink out with you?.

I have mostly the matrix pro ethos luggage which includes a rod holdall, ready rod bag, large caryall, large tackle/bait bag, eva stink bag and seatbox with stack system. Things like hook boxes and the guru feeder box i have are usually carried in the stack system however the large tackle/bait bag houses all these items plus my bait/catapults etc ive discovered plus the large 15" guru rig case which i got for xmas and wouldnt fit in the stacks anyhow, so im thinking making more use of the tackle/bait bag and removing the stack system completely making my seatbox lighter in the process!?
I take loads of tackle ,i make use of a frenzee hgv trolley or various wheel kits with my Octbox. If i was fishing rivers id use the one wheel kit with Octbox . I couldnt manage without a wjeel kit of some sort unless you can drive close to your peg

robert d

Site Supporter
Looks similar to me once loaded up, i use a map barrow but my point is i think you find you carry more in your accessory bags these days than your seatbox, which is why im.thinking of disregarding my 3 tier stack system currently being used on my box
My extra large carryall bag is full to lol,i take bait of every sort ,6 3 pint tubs various attachments for box ,float tubs ,spare reels ,hook boxes and loads of other stuff ......no your right i need to cut down lol

johnnym124

My extra large carryall bag is full to lol,i take bait of every sort ,6 3 pint tubs various attachments for box ,float tubs ,spare reels ,hook boxes and loads of other stuff ......no your right i need to cut down lol
Seatboxes seem to be just to sit on more these days and all the kit they have carried in the past seems to be finding its way into the mountain of other bags we now carry!

robert d

Site Supporter
In honesty i take my seat and drawers off when moving it about ,its easy with the Octbox ,just a few clips and i like having the drawers as I like easy access to everything

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I recently bought an Advanta (AD in-house brand) 2 wheel trolley. It’s pretty good, and easily handles my seatbox, hold-all, side table, stinkbag, pole hold-all, bait bucket, pole rollers, and the ever increasing collection of essentials that I seem to be accumulating.

ive got my eye on a 4-wheel barrow as I think it will carry more and be easier to manoeuvre, especially on longer trips from car to peg.

CarpCatcher86

I have always been a travel light guy. I usually have one float rod and reel and one feeder rod and reel, both in full length cases that hold rod and reel, bare or made up, said rod cases also hold my landing net handle and a selection of bank sticks. I have a Dynamite Baits eva net bag which holds my landing net, which is rubberized anyway so I don't really need a wet net bag or stink bag, it was bought mainly for it's size and storage capabilities. In the net bag I also have my bait waiter and a few bait boxes, my pellet wetter plus a selection of pellets and groundbait along with my groundbait riddle with a drill and a whisk, I also have my flask in there and a towel or two. It also contains two tackle boxes with all my float and feeder end tackle inside, the bag also holds a tube full of floats and a waggler range and groundbait catpult in case I need them. I also have two Dynamite Baits buckets for mixing groundbait. Last but not least is my chair which is carried thanks to a padded strap taken from an old damaged rod bag.
This may sound like a lot of gear, but I can still walk at least an hour or more to some waters without even feeling like I am carrying anything.

When lure fishing, I have two spinning rods already made up and carried in a Fox Rage rod bag along with my landing net handle. I also have the Fox Rage lure rucksack which holds tackle boxes full of all my lures and spinners, with enough room left in the bag for cutters and unhooking tools, spare traces a towel and a flask. My landing net for pike fishing is already in it's own case and is carried seperatley.
Just with the float and feeder gear, I can and have walked for miles while hardly noticing I'm carrying anything.
Turning up at a water with a car or van packed with gear which then requires a huge trolley to transport it all may have it's place, but it's not for me.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
It depends on the venue. My default set up is my old Preston on box plus Preston's Accessory and Bait bags, and Shakespeare's Agility stink bag which fit on my Preston Universal two wheel trolley with the help of some bungees. I carry a Shakespeare Agility rod bag for two or three piece made up rod(s), landing net handles, and a rod sleeve for the third rod (2 feeders and a float rod). Last but not least is my little bag with my thermos, grub and odds and ends like hand towels. If I'm on a river then the Korum deluxe chair and a holdall for some accessories replace the seatbox. I normally park up near the swim(s) I use)

Last edited:

R0B

Tackle isn't a problem - I can carry whatever I need. The issue is BAIT, food and any extra clobber (in this weather), that's the bulky stuff! I decide my approach before I set off so it's two rods made up in a case with bank sticks, landing net and brolly, a ruckbag, chair and sometimes a net carryall with bait boxes and weed rake etc.
Modern seatboxes won't take as much as my ruckbag, so when I want to pole fish it'll have to be a large-ish general carryall instead of the net bag.

Trolleys seem nice but mans don't gonna stay big and strong by not lifting stuff innit.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I carry (when I'm not fishing rivers where I travel light with a Korum Roving Kit)...

MatchBox
Drennan 6/8 Tube Rod Holdall (usually with only a couple of rods and a landing net handle in)
Drennan XL Carryall
Guru Bucket
Stink Bag for Landing Nets

That does me and although I have a barrow platform that only comes out for long flat walks and I can just about hobble along with the above on my shoulders.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The wheels you can get to attach to chairs are very handy. I’m young enough and economical enough with my gear that I haven’t had to resort to them yet but my grandad having them for his chairs means he can still take the kitchen sink over walks of sometimes a good few hundred yards along river banks even in his mid 70s without any grief. And when I say kitchen sink he can almost rival most match and carp anglers for stuff although he hardly uses most of it 😂