Carryalls

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Should they be 100% waterproof?
Not to sit in water, just to keep the contents totally dry?

Looking at the Drennan medium size bag at the moment.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
dont get the question bud, do not see the point of a carryall if ifs not 100% waterproof

JLK

I have a few and the Drennan small version is one of the most used. I was sat out in a monsoon last Tuesday, on the Aire and Calder and to say it got wet is an understatement. Water did get in but it was minimal and yes, it was zipped up properly. I was quite impressed really.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Just get a bloody big umbrella and mount it on your new trolley, big enough to cover everthing.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Just get a bloody big umbrella and mount it on your new trolley, big enough to cover everthing.

Not a bad idea Peter!
I have an old 60" Steadfast Wavelock brolly which I've hardly used because it's so heavy.
As you say, now I have the pram, it's much less of an issue.
(y)

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
As you say "you have the pram". Good job I know you and can honestly say that you " don't chuck the dummy out", if you do not do well in the matches.

Banded_Nipple

My large Drennan one got soaked last Saturday.

Must have been a good few mm of water sat in the bottom when i opened it on the all out.

Needs waterproofing again.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
I doubt many would lay claim to be waterproof. I have never assumed any are ? Do some claim to be? I have Sensas Carryall and Rod Bag. They are very good but don't claim to be fully waterproof

lp1886

Site Supporter
Should they be 100% waterproof?
Not to sit in water, just to keep the contents totally dry?

Looking at the Drennan medium size bag at the moment.
Don’t get a Drennan if you want one that doesn’t leak like a sieve!! If rain is forecast, I take out what I need and leave the actual bag in the boot.

Banded_Nipple

I doubt many would lay claim to be waterproof. I have never assumed any are ? Do some claim to be? I have Sensas Carryall and Rod Bag. They are very good but don't claim to be fully waterproof

Those old blue Garbolino G Max ones which were like a pvc coated were 100% waterproof. Could be hosed down if they were covered in mud.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
It sounds as though it really is an issue for those of us who hate using umbrellas!
I can can keep myself dry all day with waterproof clothing, but if I shell out 50 or 70 notes for a tackle bag, my gear gets soaked?
Frankly, that is PATHETIC!
:(:mad:

lp1886

Site Supporter
I have thought of investing in a BBQ cover to keep in the carryall so once I have taken out what I need at the peg, it can go over the top and provide some level of protection.

Maybe a gap in the market for a manufacturer to supply a cover to match their carry all’s.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have thought of investing in a BBQ cover to keep in the carryall so once I have taken out what I need at the peg, it can go over the top and provide some level of protection.

Maybe a gap in the market for a manufacturer to supply a cover to match their carry all’s.

And the carry-all will still get wet from the bottom, especially if the bank slopes towards the platform.

Gwillim

If you want a truly waterproof carryall then what about one of the EVA models favoured by many