carr vale,bolsover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Not been at all this season Martin, i did hear that huge carp keep turning up though, fish up to 25lb [:0]

hempy

Alan
Not been lately but in my last 3 visits i have had 2 seconds and a 1st fishing chopped worm at 8 and 10 metres. Tench, the place is stuffed with them. There is also a good head of crucians to the pellet. If i were going it would be the choppie though and plenty of it for the monkeys.

smartmart16

thanks,i know what you mean dave i missed our match last year on there.our match sec had a carp 23lb on the pole.[:eek:]

tomgriffin

Originally posted by smartmart16

thanks,i know what you mean dave i missed our match last year on there.our match sec had a carp 23lb on the pole.[:eek:]

That sound like some great sport [:D]

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Originally posted by smartmart16

We had 2 matches last year, peg 9 won the first match, pole fished sweetcorn tight up to the bank under the overhanging tree, he had 7 Carp for 83lb, second match saw peg 19 land a Carp 24lb 6oz. But normally its like Hempy says, choppy, caster or pellet for the Creweys and Tinca's.

wev

my dad whent last week he had lots of tench and crutions near the yop left hand corner where the water flows out all on pellet & corn on the pole

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by Billynomates

I would like to know more about this water, where is it, whats it like.

It is just to the west of Bolsover near junction 29 M1. It has about 25 pegs and has a good stock of all fish. Not too deep,4-6 feet in most place.

smartmart16

head for mansfield off 29.top of glapwell hill,turn left immediately after the 'young vanish' pub.keep on that road till you get to some traffic lights,turn left at them and go round the corner about 150 yards,turn left down the hill.near the bottom the road splits to the left(carr vale road)go down there and keep going,it will change to a dirt track that will take you straight into the car park.not sure about day ticket prices.

smartmart16

thanks all,i won our match today.drew peg 9,fished 10 and 13 metres.groundbait,chopped worm and caster,worm mainly on the hook,had a few on pellet in last hour.i had 49 1/2 lb of tench and crucians with a few decent skimmers in.
second weighed 32lb(he had a carp 12lb in that).peg 23 pellet.
third was 15lb mixed bag mainly on maggot.

Status
Not open for further replies.