Carr mill dam

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Has anyone fished here? Think it’s towards Widnes thinking of joining next year and going for the bream.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
I used to fish matches there 20 years ago , easy to find on the east lancs road , watching this the tactics seem the same as years ago

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
Having formerly only been used to fishing rivers and loughs in Co Down, where another angler, certainly on the loughs, was a rarity, I once went in the mid 1960's with my uncle Gerry to his favourite fishing venue: Carr Mill dam. Gobsmacked I was! Anglers just yards apart in every direction. I couldn't believe it, and the image is still so strong. On the trout lough nearly a mile long I fish now, I regularly have the choice of eight club boats and the water to myself as I avoid the weekends and evenings. Happy days.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
You can catch Roach and skimmers on the whip or various tip work with method and small wafters or more traditional worm and maggot/caster. There is a tackle shop on the other side of the East Lancs in chain lane St helens tackle and bait, if you speak to Steve Hammy in there he will put you right and sell you a St helens AA card as there are no day tickets, their card covers several waters in the St Helens area but only runs until the end of this year.

johng19

me@home.com
You can catch Roach and skimmers on the whip or various tip work with method and small wafters or more traditional worm and maggot/caster. There is a tackle shop on the other side of the East Lancs in chain lane St helens tackle and bait, if you speak to Steve Hammy in there he will put you right and sell you a St helens AA card as there are no day tickets, their card covers several waters in the St Helens area but only runs until the end of this year.
How much is the card now.

neil1313

very good in the summer from toby up to the point that sticks out
were the lillys are on the road side pole .feeder, float all work well loads of skimmers and roach
st helens aa card £30.00 last year well worth it