Carping Malarkey

Total

Site Supporter
Being February a single high attract visual pop up approach would be your best bet on one rod and a bird food based boilie with a small pva mesh bag of crumbed on the other.
Rig wise: mat collins improved hair rig - Google Search

First time I used it had three Carp out of a moody water in daylight.
Will experiment and try fluorocarbon version during the winter.

2lb rods fine for job
^^ Soooo True...(y)......This always makes me smile...(y):giggle:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
1st Feb last year I think I had 8 Barbel and 3 Chub on a maggot feeder. This is THE PEG at Arley you have to look forward to if the levels are right, ie under 1m on the gauge at Bewdley. It's slower than the rest of the stretch and presumably a softer bottom so every fish on the usually prolific stretch shoals up there. Must have been black with them if I can catch 8, but otherwise, nice looking surroundings I think? I reckon you could write off most of the rest of the stretch as it's too fast and gravelly for cold water, just my take on it anyway, could catch if there's frost on the ground, I just hope for the right water level.

Arley 1 feb.jpg
That looks fabulous Steve ๐Ÿ‘

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I think it is too, only fair to share the wealth as someone else put me on that peg in the first place, just fingers crossed for similar conditions for Kevin.
Good of you is that Steve, a lot of people would keep good Barbel pegs to themselves. I am very much looking forward to catching up and fishing the Severn. The weather, river level and fishing will be what it will be. (y)