Carping - anything missing?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Although those 'Whisperlite's' are brilliant stoves, especially the 'International' enabling virtually any type of fuel to be used, it's virtually impossible to have anything on simmer.....:(
Hang on Mr “cordon bleu” - simmer ???

If you can’t cook the sausage and bacon for a snadwich in less than 2 minutes and have a brew boiled before you’ve made the sarnie then what’s the point :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
Hang on Mr “cordon bleu” - simmer ???

If you can’t cook the sausage and bacon for a snadwich in less than 2 minutes and have a brew boiled before you’ve made the sarnie then what’s the point :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ahhh yes, your Jacob did mention your cremated sausage or bacon sandwiches!;):p:ROFLMAO:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Ahhh yes, your Jacob did mention your cremated sausage or bacon sandwiches!;):p:ROFLMAO:
It has been scientifically proven that carbon aids digestion so the ‘darker bits’ are actually good for you

Total

Site Supporter
It has been scientifically proven that carbon aids digestion so the ‘darker bits’ are actually good for you
The darker bits are also damaging to ones molars.....Another scientifically proven/fact of life!;)

DontKillZander

Irregular member
Site Supporter
I haven't seen mention of a camouflaged bucket.
No idea what they are used for, but I know you need at least one.
That reminds me, thinking of the absolute most important stuff such as a camo bucket...

I need a bivvy iron!
Can't be turning up with a creased bivvy :eek:

And a spirit level for the rod pod! It's all coming to me now!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
That reminds me, thinking of the absolute most important stuff such as a camo bucket...

I need a bivvy iron!
Can't be turning up with a creased bivvy :eek:

And a spirit level for the rod pod! It's all coming to me now!

Don’t forget the bone china bowl of pot pourri to give that calming aroma as you await your alarm going off.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Always pays to have a stove of sorts with you as a back up if nothing else....(y)
Would agree, and a jet boil sounds ideal for OP. Mines seen many nights by the lake, been in backpack whilst hiking and mountain biking and been used at just about every Hockey pitch in Norfolk/Suffolk when my girls where playing ladies premier and County level.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Headtorch, it’s no surprise that just about every member of our club who night fishes, into or all night used one of these. The green modes are brilliant, can land fish and they don’t spook from light and also saves night vision.

If you get any bucket these are unbeatable. Have both standard and XL.
Standard used for day/evening sessions and XL overnight or if using pva bags and alot of pellet.
Also serve as a bivvy table or even a seat!

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@Total "calm reason" is this the same @Total chief wooden spoon stirrer and general windup merchant, and hijacker of threads. 🤔. Have you gone soft !

DontKillZander

Irregular member
Site Supporter
Headtorch, it’s no surprise that just about every member of our club who night fishes, into or all night used one of these. The green modes are brilliant, can land fish and they don’t spook from light and also saves night vision.

If you get any bucket these are unbeatable. Have both standard and XL.
Standard used for day/evening sessions and XL overnight or if using pva bags and alot of pellet.
Also serve as a bivvy table or even a seat!

That headtorch looks like a good one to consider.

I'm not keen on the bucket, I had a close look last time you mentioned it, it just doesn't fit the theme, I like the modular design - but I'm refusing to get a barrow, so on that basis my kit needs to either go in / attach to the ruckbag, or if it does need to be carried in hand - it needs to be because there was no alternative that could have been packed away, which is why I've gone with the Drennan collapsing buckets.

DontKillZander

Irregular member
Site Supporter
Would agree, and a jet boil sounds ideal for OP. Mines seen many nights by the lake, been in backpack whilst hiking and mountain biking and been used at just about every Hockey pitch in Norfolk/Suffolk when my girls where playing ladies premier and County level.

They do look spot on the jetboils I'm pretty sold on one of those.

However I did do this damage this morning -
oops.JPG

I'm feeling a bit too sensitive to drop the best part of another ton on a jetboil this week :LOL:

Fancy swapping yours for 2 EvD delks? ;);)

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
They do look spot on the jetboils I'm pretty sold on one of those.

However I did do this damage this morning -
oops.JPG

I'm feeling a bit too sensitive to drop the best part of another ton on a jetboil this week :LOL:

Fancy swapping yours for 2 EvD delks? ;);)
Mines an older model and it’s done a few boils in it’s time! It’s home is in a British army respirator case with spoon, big canister of gas and brew kit.

Don’t like Delks and never have, overly complicated bits of electronics just to register a bleep to get an anglers attention. I use Gardner Atts, simple things, take off case turns them on, they have an led and send a signal to receiver.
Due to this, no buttons on them or areas where water may ingress so 99.9% water proof. Plus they are very small and neat looking.

Now, them US built lure rods with Shimano bait caster are a different story….. 😉😁🤣