CARPERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Bates

TO ALL CARP ANGLERS !!!!!!!!!!

WHAT SORT OF LINE DO YOU USE BECAUSE IM SRUGGLING TO FIND A GOOD LINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP

ALSO WHAT SORT OF BAITS DO YOU USE IF THERE IS A BAN ON BOILIES AND NUTS??????????

T BATES

thomasbates

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Thomas

If you can't use boilies try using
Luncheon meat
pepperami
Pellets
Bread
Or even sweetcorn

As for line its hard to say cos in my opinion it all depends upon the type of water, size of fish present & style of fishing.

I use 10 to 15lb BS mono & its only ever let me down once (love to know how big that fish was
)

Alan
You've just been moderated

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
And at Tibby ponds, Ive been advised Mussels , Cockles and Prawns Rule!

Cya
Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
And at Tibby ponds, Ive been advised Mussels , Cockles and Prawns Rule!

Cya
Trev

Ziptrev

Incase you don't know how to get fresh water mussels i'll tell you.

Go down the local cut (canal) & reach your arm into the water as far as you can, if you feel along the bankside you should be able to feel the mussels in the soft mud.

grab a few (not to many) if you're going fishing straight away make sure you clean your hands properly then use a pen knife to open the shells, slice the mussel up into odd shapes & put them on your hook

Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
But thats only in Ireland, France, Spain or anywhere other than Uk soil as they are now a protected species - honest!

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
But thats only in Ireland, France, Spain or anywhere other than Uk soil as they are now a protected species - honest!

Dave

OOPS

Cheers boss i didn't know that had gone through.
The last i heard it was only a "proposed" protection thing

Alan

Ferret1959

Snake breeder.
If you can't use boilies why not use uncooked boilies ie paste with the same ingredients as what you would use for the boilies.
The smell will be stronger 'cos when you boil them they lose so of their flavour.
Plus you can mould them to any size or shape you fancy.

Dave.
dave@tjsangling.co.uk
www.tjsangling.co.uk

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's a nice bit about Particle Baits that I once found on my travels: Click Here

Regards, Dave

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Now then Thomas,
I use Fox soft steel mono it has less stretch than most monos also a good Knot strength.it is also ideally suited to a tapered shockleader if you are casting out a heavy weight
If you can't use boillies and nuts try and use Carp Pellets you cant use them on a hair rig or with a bait band. Enterprise Tackle now do a Pop Up Pellet so you can use them in many different ways.

Stu

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Or if you want to go "international" for baiting, take a look at an article I wrote a few months ago. Click http://anglersnet.co.uk/authors/elton37.htm for it.

No way any of the ideas described there could be banned since almost no one in the UK ever heard of them. LOL

Any South African carpers will be on familiar ground though since US Pack Bait is almost identical to SA Mielie Bom.

Newt Vail

Larry

Lazarus
i use bread,luncheon meat sausage meat ,sweetcorn,worm's maggots,trout pelllet paste,can i have the recipe for boilie mix paste please boili'es are banned on our pool but woudn't mind trying the paste

Cheer's Larry

mud foot

esp mono its the best on the market in my opinion at the moment /much less line twist the rest limp good not strengh and it sinks well try shapeing some fish meal boilie mix like troat pellets it works awsum all so boilies shaped like sweet corn are tip top

Status
Not open for further replies.