carp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruddy Roach

i have caught carp in the low doubles on the float. i would like to hav a bash at the bigger fish. it seems that the only method on large, featurless gravel pits is with the alarm. is there any other way of fishing on these waters -legering- without the alarms or fishing the tip? could i use a bobbin without an alarm???

thanks,

ANDY

fishing_mad

you could use a bobbin i wouldnt know about a tip although an alarm would be good

Datafile3.asp

Fishing Mad[:)]

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
If you are going to be able to watch your rod(s), you can take a foam float (don't know the UK term but a very light piece of styrofoam). Cut a slit in it and place it on your line a few feet from the tip but above the water. It should stay where you put it but will easily slide out of the way when you get a fish. It will show activity quicker than any electronic alarm I've ever seen.

Again, I don't know how your fish behave but over here I usually see a twitch, pause, twitch or maybe two, pause, vibrate for a second, pause, and then the fish will either start a steady bouncing of the float or off on a screaming run.

And you can see the float move even when there wouldn't otherwise seem to be a movement of the line.

The ones in the picture are cork but you would want something similar in foam since it is lighter and will be more sensitive.

Datafile4.asp

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

pittpony

There's no reason why you need an alarm if you watch your rods, so yes of course you can fish bobbins without an alarm! The only thing i'd say though is that its easy to get sidetracked trying too hard to catch a large carp, and if you're not enjoying 'sitting it out' for a biggun then its better to go back to the old tactics and treat any larger carp as a nice bonus!

Nick

ANJIEJON

ruddy although i have alarms i only use them on longer sessions otherwize i use bobins mine r homemade fixed to the line with tow map pins close together and a slack clutch this can also b heard as long as u r not 50 yards away as some r on my lake[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

JOHNDEARN

Status
Not open for further replies.