carp rod and reel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya all, after looking at a couple of okuma reels at elvington (carp/baitrunner type)i mentioned to the missus that i wanted one and she has said that she will buy it for our anniversary. i have been reading the weekly comics and have seen the following...

derby angling centre are offering an 11 or 12ft carp rod with an okuma bite runner 50 reel for 39:95 and wmac are doing a similar deal but with an okuma dynadrag reel for 39:99 as i dont own a carp rod i will get one of them but witch one? what is the differance in the reels?
does anybody have either of thease particular reels or any other suggestions.

clean banks are your responsibility, take your rubbish home with you.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Larry

Lazarus
Ray,
A mate in my fishing club has 2 of them don't know which models but he swear's by them .

Cheer's Larry

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I have 3 of them Ray and no problems (the 4th was nicked lol.)

There is No difference!
The full title is the Okuma Dynadrag 50 Baitrunner.
All 3 in use at Elvington and you saw how free running it was when the Tench took it!
Cheers mate

Trev.

Used Tackles price 19.95 each on their own
Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 05 August 2002 6:53:02 PM

ray

cheers trev, i'm off today to have a look at a couple of rod n reel deals that include the dynadrag reel, will let ya know how i get on.

see ya soon

if you take it with you...take it home.

ray

just ordered off derby angling centre the rod n reel combo offered in a monthly mag.

ron thompson 11ft rod with a dynadrag reel = 39:99 or two for 49:99 so i have ordered the two, 25 quid for a rod n reel sounds good to me so with a bit of luck they should arrive in a few days, now i've only gotta finish the d********g and i might get a chance to get out fishing.

thanks trev/larry

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Ray,
That is a Good deal!

What Test curve are the 11 footers?
Mine is a 12 foot 2.75 tc, but would you believe ALL my best fish, (the Pike at Wraysbury, Castle Howards PB Pike and the Elvington Tench, came on the 11 ft 2lb tc rods lol
They will be fine and I wish you a great deal of pleasure from them icon_smile.gif cya at the North level
PS I'm going to put a Pike rod out Sat, Evening! (or 2 lol,) If you bring yours, Martin and In will set them up for you i'm sure!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

ray

hmmmm, piking??, might just have a go at that, wouldnt mind getting some instruction cos a certain water i fish has got some big pike in.

ray

the rods have a 2 t.c trev.

Status
Not open for further replies.