Carp Rigs For Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Carper

Hi,
Im fishing tomorrow and was just wondereing if anyone has had much look this spring and if so on what rigs. Might give me the edge tomorrow[:D]

Little Carper

er im not to sure on the bottom as its a new place. I am pretty sure its silt and quiet weedy. carp from 7lb-35lb, fair few cattys in there aswell. Bait will be mainline tiger nut pop up, fusion pop up and freezers, spicy chicken pop ups, 14mm pellets or spicy tuna and sweet chilli shelf lifes. Got about a kilo of hemp aswell(plain)

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
i see, imo this would be fine..

15lb mono (due to the cats)
braided hooklink 25lb ish
6 or 8 wide gaps KD style as your fishing popups

crushed boilie in a stick, see my rig below which i used last week, my water was also new and was muddy and slighty weedy, landed 13 to 29lb 12oz. the pic below is a bottom bait though, but still KD rig and a stick to protect the hook in weed / silty bottom.

25450_382220734805_500614805_3708998_1843308_n.jpg

i would also advise (IMO, works for me well) a good choice of boilie and a good spread of them fishing a single with a PVA bag, rig below..again both KD, but with these i attached the boilie onto the hair through the PVA rather than hooking the bag on the hook. once i attached the boilie i hooked the hook into the bag to straighten the hair, so i know on the cast the hair wont wrap about the hook shank.

25450_382220829805_500614805_3709017_6331637_n.jpg

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by fish finder

is it pva freindly hemp?

easy sort this, get a bowl of water, add salt, stir it up in the water, then add your hemp (drain the hemp water off 1st) salt water does not melt PVA, can aslo do this with corn...[:T]

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Little Carper

how do you get the hair inside the mesh without getting the hole hook in?

simple mate..

make your pva bag of boilies, make sure when you do the bag is TIGHT (explosive when melted)

chose a boilie, thread the needle through it and attach it as you would imagining theres no PVA bag there. simple

once thats done then just thread the hook in the bag

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by fish finder

you put you hair inside the mesh.

you put the hair through the boilie just as you would normally and attach it with a hair sop, only difference is, the boilie is in PVA mesh... really no difference at all, and keeps everything neat and effective

Little Carper

ahh right now i get you. Thanks a lot, will most deffintily be trying this tomorrow, think i might try a zig aswell.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Little Carper

ahh right now i get you. Thanks a lot, will most deffintily be trying this tomorrow, think i might try a zig aswell.

if your trying a zig, i would recommend you mark up the area your zigging in. If over cast, use black foam or something...

DO NOT zig on your own fishing BIG 12ft+ fixed zigs, you will never land it....adjustables are perfect for that and easy to use.

only try a zig if your getting no takes off the bottom and see fish crashing alot..

Status
Not open for further replies.