Carp on the top.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I thought a lot of fishing was about finding the easiest way of catching fish, doesn’t matter what that method is provided it’s legal and done sensibly 👍🏻
I’m just thankful it’s banned on all the matches I fish , leave it to the noddies

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I’m just thankful it’s banned on all the matches I fish , leave it to the noddies
We even banned it on club waters for both match and pleasure. The Noddies took the hump but at least the Ducks know there wont be a hook in any of the free offerings

BarryS

Gone fishing
Whatever 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️I used to do it when I was about 10, then I learnt how to fish properly 👍👍

Funny the guys "fishing properly" on the bottom and float fishing to the left and right of me ...about 5 of them caught about 4 fish between them and they had been there since early morning........That compares to the 8 good fish I caught between 1pm and 6pm. One even came up to me and asked me what I was using. I fish all and every methods ... hopefully, the most effective on the day to catch my fish . All "proper" in my book ...
Fishing floaters is a complete noddy method and ruins waters
My grandad taught me to fish when I was a kid and he taught me all methods....a real Mr Crabtree .Strange that anyone would think that surface fishing is for "noddys" whatever that means..For me, surface fishing is one of the most exciting methods. It's so visual especially targeting individual fish with a fly. Takes a lot of skill and technique to drop a fly in front of a feeding fish 25 yds away. I have racked my brain but can't remember ruining any waters recently.:)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Let’s be honest , you can not honestly compare casting a fly to a wild fish to banding a chum mixer, and firing a load all over the surface, or chucking a lump of bread crust out 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️I’ve had days where the carp have been up in the water , and been fishing pole shallow or pellet wag, next thing some noddy comes next peg, starts firing doggy biscuits all over the surface 🙈🙈 , doesn’t matter how you fish after that, the fish will all just swim about slurping on the top, when this happens all the time, the fish get conditioned to feeding this way !! And going back to the people you say were fishing on the bottom, well that was clearly wrong on the day anyway 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️So they probably didn’t know what they were doing anyway, otherwise they would of fished up in the water

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not everyone who does it fires bait all over the place though. If you’ve got fish in front of you half a dozen baits is usually enough. Unless there’s absolutely loads of fish the more baits you fire out the less likely they are to take your hook bait so it’s a false economy to go with the shotgun approach. I wholeheartedly agree that people that do fire bait all over the place with no consideration for others are numpties but it’s ridiculous to suggest that everyone who surface fishes is of that ilk. If they are then a certain Mr Wilson must have been chief noddy 😂

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Not everyone who does it fires bait all over the place though. If you’ve got fish in front of you half a dozen baits is usually enough. Unless there’s absolutely loads of fish the more baits you fire out the less likely they are to take your hook bait so it’s a false economy to go with the shotgun approach. I wholeheartedly agree that people that do fire bait all over the place with no consideration for others are numpties but it’s ridiculous to suggest that everyone who surface fishes is of that ilk. If they are then a certain Mr Wilson must have been chief noddy 😂
He was 👍👍👍