Carp off the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeatparkway

Anybody caught carp off the top yet? Still a bit cold but i had them feeding on crust - they just wouldn't take my bait

andylaw7

yes mike but there a bit hit n miss at the moment because of cold wind /weather.

medaluk

HI, i have around 20 odd carp of the top this year from 4lb to 12lb but that was a few weeks ago when we had the warm winds, i think it might of been our summer lol, as it has certainly changed for the worse yet again

matty198111

yep

ive had 11 of the top so far smallest was 2lb biggest was 8lb but again that was a couple of weeks ago when it was warmer

BarryC

Set myself the goal of a fish off the top every month this year from 10 different venues in Cornwall.
Ive been successfull so far with 67 fish up to a pb of 15lb 8oz. 12 have been doubles and from 4 different venues.
They have all been on freelined floating pellets or breadflake mostly in the margins or close to snags.
Now the fish are fighting a bit harder with the water warming I usually fish close to banks and overhangs but away from snags.

paulod

Site Supporter
Like some of the above, I had a good day on the pellet waggler at Woodlands during the better weather in April, but my last visit there a fortnight ago produced nothing on the top.
It's like any other time, get some warmish weather and they'll come up, a significant drop and they go down.
We're promised the heady heights of 15c this weekend here, so they might come up again. I've booked in to my first Woodlands Open for months, but I'm taking the kitchen sink, just in case. [:W]

jukebox1

Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

I haven't but was watching a guy do it next to me last night.
You sure you was fishing mate and not out Dogging [:p][:D][:D][:0]

getfishing

Pete
I had my pb carp off the top this year, first time on the top with mixers and it was a 20lber. As soon as they start feeding off the top is the best time because they forget some of the tricks anglers use so they are easier to catch.

chrishorobin

white acres last weekend we were catching of the top on Sycamore later on in the afternoon

MarkerNW

saw a few on the surface a few weeks ago when it was sunny, its been cold since though so not had time to do any floater fishing yet[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.