Carp - No Boilies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkTaylor

Account locked
Tonight i am going to one of my clubs ponds which has a boilie ban imposed on it. I am going to feeder fish with a quivertip and hope to get some good fish, What do you guys reckon would be a decent replacement for boilies on a hair rig ?

Mark

mrhaze

double or triple?

my preferred setup is size 12 hook with a piece of enterprise popup corn and a real grain. if that doesnt work then i'll just go to double real corn.

sometimes a single grain is all that's needed...sometimes more to avoid pasty problems.

basically whatever catches the fish mate...have a play around.

MarkTaylor

Account locked
Originally posted by mrhaze

double or triple?

my preferred setup is size 12 hook with a piece of enterprise popup corn and a real grain. if that doesnt work then i'll just go to double real corn.

sometimes a single grain is all that's needed...sometimes more to avoid pasty problems.

basically whatever catches the fish mate...have a play around.

i never use single on this venue as there are so many roach you get pestered by them if u use anything smaller than double

cheers mate

TonusStonus

Diary of a Thames Fisherman
a big lump of meat, or paste, which after all is a boilie which hasnt been boilied!!!

Metal_Micky

Got to be the Biggest Dendrabena in the box. Fished over dead maggots and pellet. I had a really good day at Hawkhursts main lake once with my Dad. We fished worm all day using a fishy method mix and had 26 fish between us to 18lb 12oz. 4 were small cats. The only other 2 Anglers on the lake were Boilie fishing and had 1 fish between them. The only drawback of course, is the half pounders that some lakes are full of. Hawkhurst Dove lake used to be full of em, and you'd never see a good Fish all day. Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.