CARP KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
Hi, Im planning on doing some specimen fishing this summer and have found an Abu Garcia, Enticer carp rod 12' 2.5lb test for 25. I know this might be an old model but is it any good??? Also I was wondering if I could get away with using a reel without the freespool facility by slackening the drag right off then tightening when a fish takes, unconventional but I really only want to spend 30 for a reel because I already have a normal rear drag okuma reel. I guess I could stretch to 40! Any ideas, would be very grateful

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

kingkarper

try the okuma interceptor reel which are 30 pound these are great value for money and they have a free spool facility.

TINY

Tiny
Alright Joe,the Enticer had two models which were very similar,so it might not be as old as you think[;)]
Good rod though!![:D]
A good little baitrunner is the Cormaxx BR35 which is actually done by a company which are owned by Daiwa.
5 ball bearings,graphite spare spool,5;1 ratio and more features besides[:D]27.99[;)]

Andy.

joe1987

'Darwener'
cheers, looks like I might be getting a decent kit after all!

Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

joe1987

'Darwener'
Tiny or any1 else, do you rate the Nash outlaw range? It looks really good and its in my kind of budget. The reel is 40 (BR6000) the rod is 2.5lb test 12ft and 50, do you know anyone who might do it a little better than that(hint hint)??? Cheers,
**Joey-Mackeral**

Last edited:

kingkarper

try the okuma interceptor with the fox rangemaster rods the rangemasters are about 55 in 2.75tc and the interceptor is 30 quid, the interceptor got ten out of ten in the iycf

TINY

Tiny
Hello Joe,the Nash range is pretty good,but I prefer Daiwa.Ive got a Daiwa Powermesh X 12ft 2 1/4 tc brand new for 55.00.(check the real price of this rod)[;)]
Baitrunner brand new is 27.99 with a spare spool[:D]
The rod alone is worth more than the rod and reel from Nash all by itself[:p]
So when you say can anyone do any better,the answer is YES!!![:D][:D]

Andy.

joe1987

'Darwener'
how the hell did you get the rod for that cheap??? U lucky so and so working in a tackle store. Im guessing you dont sell them for that normally as its around 100 cheaper!(will it help if i flutter my eye lashes?!?) After changing my mind a few hundred times I think ive decided to go for the diawa regal Z reel and the nash outlaw rod(maybe)!

Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

fishing_mad

i bought an eft 12ft carp rod for 27 and a okuma dynadrag baitrunner reel for 27.

Fishing Mad[:)]

joe1987

'Darwener'
Is it any good coz i dont want no naf stuff. Ive never heard of eft.

Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

TINY

Tiny
Joe.....the price I stated is the price I`m selling it for.[:D]
Trogg will tell you that I dont work in a tackle store,[:p]I OWN IT![:D][:D]

Andy.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Joe 1887, If Andy says thats the price then it is. I've had a lot of stuff from him with no complaints. Infact just the opposite I bought a second hand reel that broke, what did he do replace it. Cant say fairer than that can I

chill out go fishing

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hah deals from Tiny, never heard of him.

Woldn't touch his gear with a pole, don't trust him mate he'll rip you off "onest ee will guv".

(ps Andy if he doesn't buy that gear mate i'll have it)[;)]
LOL

I can & will reccomend Andy to anyone who wants a bargian "much cheapness sahib".

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

joe1987

'Darwener'
You'll have people queing for that 1 Tiny. Sorry but Im not in the financial position to buy 1(SKINT) at the moment but in a few weeks I'll have a bit of cash from working and hopefully I'll buy 1 off ya. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, much appreciated. **Joey-Mackeral**

Status
Not open for further replies.