carp for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippaxkid

Just been in morrisons and picked up a carp steak ( couldnt resist)tbh its now in the cats bowl way to many bones in it , anyone else tried?

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Not tried it but it`s supposed to be ok. They eat a lot of carp in Germany and Poland.
Our monks in olden days used to breed carp to eat.

nohair

whilst dating my polish other half i have tried carp in poland on christmas eve though to me it was also to bony and had a funny taste so she ate it ill prefer to stick to catching them though in poland i find it a lot harder as everyone who fishes takes home their catch though pellet waggling landed me twelve in two hours on a small hidden lake near gdansk her father couldn't believe that i put them all back.[:D]mind you they werent bigger than 4lb i prefer sea fishes on my dinner plate rather than a still water fish

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by Brian the Fish

Our monks in olden days used to breed carp to eat.

That is the only reason we have the king carp in this country, it was brought here for food...the mirror and leather carp were "created" (early genetic engineering?) by the monks to make it easier to de-scale the fish ready for the pot

Carp is quite nice when its been prepared and cooked right, if you want lots of bones you should try eating chub [xx(]

Sharky001

This reminds me of my time in the Czech Republic. I was living and working for a UK company and got to know some of my Czech work colleagues well and was invited around to one of their apartments for a meal and drinks, in November. The whole family were living in this one place Grandma, Mum Dad several brothers/sisters and his wife and a baby. Half way through the evening I decided to go and make some more room for the drinks. As I stood there, there was an almighty bag and splash that came from the bath, to say it made me jump and loose my aim was an understatement. So I looked in, to see what must have been about 8-10lb carp in just enough water to cover its back. On arriving back to the party, they explained it was for Christmas and were in the process of fattening it up!! They did have a separate shower as well as a bath if you were wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.