Carp Fishing in West Mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wi11iams

Hi all, A little help if you can, my m8s and I are looking for a good day ticket venue in the West Mids & Worcestershire Areas targeting Carp in the doubles, and if there are any baits or fishing methods banned (floating bread, method etc.) Cheers, Tight Lines, Dave

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Plenty carp venues around with lots of double figures just a case really of trying them all, I can name quite a few all holding carp to 30lb's but those I know will not allow you to use bait runners. Is it bait runners you intend using?

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Wi11iams

Hi, Yes I think we'd preferably use baitrunners (I take it u mean the reel??? [?] if not what [:D] ), but if were gonna miss out on a good venue for the sake of changing tactics then its not a problem to change. I have read some of your other posts about mids area, im from telford but its not important to where we fish, we're just lookin to catch a couple 20's if poss. usually fish Boldings, Apley and Maverley Farm (9.5 mirror from maverley) but nothing fantastic. Any help would be well apreciated. Cheers, Dave

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Sorry should have made myself clear, Bait runner meaning sitting on venues being idle for hours waiting for alarm togo off lol.. thats is not fishing to me I Sooner watch paint dry Bolding I hear you say not been there for years the days when only a few knew about it.

Larford lakes + Solhampton stourport holds good doubles and get catched often.
How to get to Larford, from stourport cross over bridge toward worchester the A451 signposted Astley Cross after about a mile look for a a sign on you're left for Larford just out side the Astley village. lakes are down the lane on you're left.
Bans No nuts no pellets.

Solhampton dont do a left for Larford carry straight on for about 3 miles you come to a bend in the road with a large house
on your right and a small post box becarefull Solhampton can be missed badley sign posted you will need to look over your right shoulder after the bend too see it. As long as you see the small postbox it's just down the track.

Bans No nuts no hempseed no floaters worth a look at the two pools they have holds some very good doubles if you can get lucky.

Tight Lines.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Wi11iams

[:D] I knew I was missing something with the bait runner bit[:I] [:eek:)] thanks for the advice, sounds ideal, the lads are booking a day off work so if I sort the venue and we fail misserably then im in trouble [B)] [:)] if any others come to mind please let me know cause I know at least 1 of the guys (not me honest [:D]) likes his pod n alarm setup while fishing on a pole in the margins, and another loves his floating bread, but as I said in last post if its the difference between a good and bad day then tactics and setup isnt a problem. Thanks again, Dave

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Great place for floater is Haye Farm Bewdley had many a cracking day just on mixers on this place all day long Carp are on top.

Location from Bewdley town go up to the church at top do a left follow the narrow lane for about half amile do a right sign posted to Heightington just follow lane till go over a bypass pools just on you're right well sign posted on the large tree, Fish bottom pool for good carp of top. no bans here except hemp. some big Carp are in there up to 28lb, Deep water both pools from ledge go off too 14 foot easy. Well stocked with carp advarge of top is 5lb too 15lbs on chum mixers or bread. If you dont get 150lb + from there you need fishing lessons lol and i'm not joking [:D]

Datafile4.asp

Wi11iams

Cheers, both sound good, gonna put them on the top of the list, by the way, have you fished Bayliss at all or recently? looking to spend a day or night up there but dont know much about it apart from big cats and a few big carp, does it fish well in the day or is it more of a night venue?? Thanks again, Dave

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Sorry mate I know nothing about Bayliss!! Wheres that?

Datafile4.asp

Wi11iams

Its in Shifnal, supposed to be a good water, will let you know more soon [:D] gonna give it a try

the maver man

cuttle mill is a good fishery in the midlands..it has pleny of big carp in it..its also eay to get to because it's next to the belfry and drayton manor..penns hall and kingsbury water park are also around there and worth a cast
good luck wherever you choose
dan

those who say fishing is boring dont know what they're missing!

me

baylis shifnal is just off junc 4 of m54 behind the services..As you come up to the services island take the left hand road for about 200 yds and will see a gate on your right . Opens at 7 daily and can be night fished. 4 for course lakes and 7 for carp. only bans no carp in keep nets. Every bait, methord, bait boats ect allowd. Cat fish over 30 lb, carp was upto 30 lb but three weeks ago watched a delivery of 4 38 lb ers (comon carp) put in to the lake. Baliff realy friendly and will give loads of advice if you take the time to speak to him. Hes got loads of photos in his car of the fish in the pools. theres a 29 lb carp in the course pool as well.

Jammit90

english boyo
theres plenty of places, theres Woodlands View, Brockamin, Browning Cudmore............. the list is endless!!

James
Datafile6.asp

nog

the method man
hi williams there is loads of carp fisheries in west mids sion farm is good shatterford the jam factory ok i think you have to phone cuttle mill to book there are loads worsctershire all good fishing if you want any directions to any let me know ok mate[:)]

nog..... sleep2.gif

me

it is best to phone cuttle mill for definate once the weather starts to pick up and the sunny anglers come out to play in the sun. I was there a couple of weeks ago when the gaffa had to row his boat around to break the ice off the water before we could fish and the pegs were 50% gone that day. I wouldnt recomend anybody hoping to get on in the summer just by chance. it worth phoning if you plan to go now as when i was there he said it was the last weekend for a few weeks as he was having a mini shut down and i cannt remember when its due to reopen.

give them a bell 01827 872253

Wi11iams

Thanks guys, some good info there, did a couple of days at Wrekin Resevoir (mate had a 17lber i had an 8.. B*****d) really nice venue though , gonna try baylliss for a couple days, not heard of cuttle mill, is this just a day ticket or night aswell? where is it? again thanks to all that have posted on this thread, with any luck ill get round a few of them [:D] thight lines, dry brollies [;)]

Wi11iams

Just a quick note... went to trench pool telford last w/e for 1st time, 3 of us, I had a 4lbish tench mate had couple tench other mate had 4 carp 2 x 13, a 17 & an 18 all mirrors,he's fished there for years and biggest was 4lb, needless to say im going again, and pinching his peg.

Last edited:

Astounded Coach

Not heard of the Mill!!! What is the world coming to!!![:0]
Cuttle Mill is deep in the history of british carp fishing, all of the great anglers have fished it and it was the first `day ticket' carp water where any carp angler could go for a chance of a 20lber...back in the days when a 20lber would have made the front page of the Angling Times.
Dick Walker and all of the legendary names have fished there.
The fishing is very good and it recently produced its first 40lb. Most of the fish are 20's. There are 16 numbered pegs and a draw is held each morning to decide where you fish.
Booking is essential. Make sure your kit is up to the job and ensure you have all the correct fish care kit, mat, weigh sling etc....
Failing that try Top Barn Angling Centre, Holt....4 lakes ..one of which is stuffed with commons averaging 15lb (biggest 23lb)., Witley Fisheries, Brockamin the list around Worcester is endless.

Jammit90

english boyo
i agree with neil, loadsa carping around worcester, if u want match carp then try buyin a BAA book, a few pools on that (i think)

James
"I live in fear of turing into Feeder Fan" [:D]

www.anglingworld.20m.com

Datafile6.asp

dennis

took my lad fishing when he was 8 video filmed him catching 14lb carp.took friend from work who landed 16lb carp my wife only time been fishing had 8lb carp first fish they ever landed.poles are banned no under 14year old children on there own.6 a rod.must have carp mat.holt pools opposite top barn worcester enjoy .cuttle mill carp lake is around 15 a day

Status
Not open for further replies.