Carp fighting strength

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
At the park hooked a few fish 30m out, presumably Tench, possibly small Carp thinking about it. The other ones that did it that I got in were Tench. They shoot to the left at first, making it impossible to put proper directional strain on them, then at a rate of knots, swim towards you for the lilies. So knew what they were doing. Almost easier when you hook them next to lilies.

solwood

Site Supporter
I find the carp at docklow are nuts especially on Mickey

1st run is ridiculous

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not had a few particularly hard fighting carp for about 3-4 years now but the last of those I had were from a lake I used to fish (now syndicate) where every carp was a comfortable double and they’d didn’t half hang on! Is a fair sized fish tbf when they get like 15Lb plus.

booboo

Site Supporter
You can throw the temperature in there too - same venues/ carp that I could tame with a 6-8 elastic in march are now giving me the runaround on a 16.

Simon R

Site Supporter
The spot I fished last week (Brickyard nr Ripon) has someof the hardest fightiing carp I've ever come across - even a three pounder will give you the run-around. The owner reckons it's down to the water quality - the lakes being fed by underground springs.
Different strains have different fighting qualities and I'm firmly convinced that the more often a fish gets caught the less hard it fights - perhaps learning not to struggle as much.

Simon