carp and pike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosh

I cannot seem to catch any pike at all and no carp over one pound ,any tips[?]

Bosh[V]

norm

put a hook on mate (lol)
welcome to the forum mate but be carefull there are some people on here that will just take the pee (ha ha ha ha)

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Do the waters you fish contain what your after? Can you tell us what baits and methods you are using

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi bosh
first - welcome to the mad MDs.

2nd-i aggree with what john says we need more info if your willing to travel there you are welcome to come up to the fens to get some pike just let me know youll be made welcome & this time of year i can safley say youll catch

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Bosh

i use sprat daedbait on a running ledger rig and there were a fair number of pike in the lake .
iwent to a lake a few times ,stuffed full with carp ,but me and my mate could only catch tiny buggers

cheers ,Bosh[V]

martin.

Account Locked
for the pike try different baits /styles, ask the locals for info they are normally the best to ask on a specific water.
if you look through some of the previous postings on this site you should find some good info on both species.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Bosh and welcome on board [:)]

There is one bait that I have never had a run on let alone a pike and that is Spratt. I don't know why but it never works for me.
The nearest that I can put it to is that it is a member of the herring family and that again for some reason isn't a particularly good bait (IMO)

Try using mackeral or lamphrey and see if it makes a difference. You can also try using a small trout as that can sometimes give suprising results. All can be bought from most fish markets.

Carp? Back to basics. Try sweetcorn either two or three to a 12 hook or on a hair.

Tight lines,

Dave

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Hey Bosh aint had much experience with Pike but i like wobbling a deadbait [;)] For the carp feed loosefeed or groundbait OFTEN and fish a big bait. Bolies will pick off the bigger fish but a big chunk of meat/paste/couple of grains of corn and even a big juicey lobworm will all catch good fish [:)] good luck.

Tight lines [:D]

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
I caught this 8lb 4onz beauty a couple of year ago..haydn....

there is no such thing as a stranger..just friends who have not yet met.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Hey all i caught a 10lb 13oz Pike in a match on bread when i was feeder fishing lol Flooded, and the pike must of snatched at it when i wound it bk in. Came 3rd with 1 fish lol [:)]

Tight lines [:D]

Last edited:

philipg

us heathens ooop nawth would use the pound carp to catch the pike ........ only j/king ....honest

phil

Status
Not open for further replies.