carp and coarse show haydock park

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenpole

Iam thinking of going to this show at the weekend,i have been told there are some good tackle deals to be had,has anybody been to one of these shows before.

angel

Site Supporter
Yes, a lot of very low-end of market tackle offers, that damned bloke on the mic selling off his dragon rubbish stuff, a handful of decent stalls selling a good range at decent prices. Bargains can be found, depends on what you are looking for and willing to pay. Some years the terminal tackle is a bit rubbish, last year I thought it had improved. Still too much carp orientation for me but still worth a rummage around I'll be there.

carlh

You also have to pay 5 or 6 quid to get in just to look at the dragon rubbish,no thanks not for me.

The Big Dipper

aka Wigan Angler
Went last year and can safely say I would rather put red hot pokers in my eye's than return.... I would personally support the local tackle shops and save the entry fee

The Fish

I would go to these shows not looking for a bargain but more to see what new gear companies where looking to release and getting to try / test the gear. (Not sure which companies will be at this show). If you manage to grab a bargain then great but if you go expecting a bargain you may well be disappointed.

batman

Originally posted by The Fish

I would go to these shows not looking for a bargain but more to see what new gear companies where looking to release and getting to try / test the gear. (Not sure which companies will be at this show). If you manage to grab a bargain then great but if you go expecting a bargain you may well be disappointed.

didn't see any last year, think they pulled out because of the tat[?]

cyril

El blanko
Originally posted by batman

i can get discounted tickets[:D][:D] still wouldnt go its sh!te

batman

Originally posted by cyril

remember daves keepnet from im on a mic man, put fish in it, it wripped[:D] thats your tenners worth.[:p]

carlh

Originally posted by cyril

You could offer the discounted tickets to me and i still wouldnt go,if you buy cheap rubbish means you buy twice coz it will drop to bits after using it the 1st time,stay well clear and buy the best you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.