Care with Mail Order Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lid

Just a note of caution.

I bought recently a Mitchell 300X reel mail order from Mullarkeys Direct and it was faulty. I returned it to them for replacement on 14 Jan using first class post and they still haven't got it back. [:(!]

Even though I got a certificate of posting, the Royal Mail say I can only get a max of 27 back if it is lost and it cost me 40!! Worse still I've got to wait 10 working days before it is officially lost and then make my claim. [:(][:(]

So even though it costs more, I should have used registered post or a courier. Still you never know, it could still turn up, as it's only been a week. [8D]

Lid - formerly known as Leighton [:)]

AndyA

Sorry to hear that..... I'm a Postie [;)]

It's not the kind of item you could easily loose is it ?, it'll turn up.

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

www.aa-computerrescue.co.uk

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That sounds like sheer bad luck Lid but as Andy says it should turn up. Just check with Mullarkys though to make sure it hasn't been lost at their end.

If I've got to send anything of value i tend to use the 'Special Delivery' which guarantees a delivery date, gets a signature and insures the item(s) up to 200.00 Added bonus as well is if the Post Office miss the delivery date, you get refunded the postage - only thing it's so good so I still haven't had a refund [:D]

Normal postage: We've sent out well over 100 T-Shirts, plus Caps, Fleeces and a few Sweatshirts and so far touch wood, we haven't had any 'lost' yet so again thumbs up for the Posties

Dave

Lid

Yeah. I've always rated the our postal service as being the best in the world. I use it for loads for valuable stuff and photo developing, etc., etc.

I've never had a problem until this, that's why I don't bother paying the extra for special delivery or registered.

I quite often use recorded delivery which only costs a bit more, but didn't feel the need with this. It doesn't give anymore cover for loss I think, but needs signature on delivery and can be tracked on-line.

Hopefully its just got misplaced as you both say.

Mullarkeys are sure they haven't got it. I'll check with them again on Friday morning.

Thanks.

Lid

Last edited:

Lid

Well after saying they hadn't got it twice, Mullarkey's did actual have my reel all along! [:(!]

What's more they don't think it's faulty now. Before I sent it I described the problem exactly and I asked them to look at one of their reels too. [V]

They will be sending me another one anyway and did say I can try it out and it doesn't behave, I can have a refund, so it's not all bad. [8D][8D][8D]

Lid [:)]

mike s

Was this the one with the line lay problem due to the spool "bottomig out" onto the rotor, Lid?

Cumbria Angling Centre

Lid

Mike

Yup that's the one. 3-4 mm play in the spool, a slight knock when winding and not very good line lay at the start of loading line.

Lid [:)]

mike s

I don't know why they said there was nothing wrong with it for, silly b's. I can't see Pure Fishing quibbling over this fault as their warranty people are the BEST THERE IS & that's me talking as a retailer!!!

Cumbria Angling Centre

TINY

Tiny
I cant see them arguing either but they probably will,even though they are probably the best.
Sounds like a Carlsberg ad
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.