caravan with coarse fishing on site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim

I am looking for a caravan to buy with coarse fishing on site for my maggotdrowning hubby.
Places like Shropshire, Herefordshire, not too far from the Midlands.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Carol

Polepot

Poles
Carol,

There is a place called Cosgrove to the North of Milton Keynes 9 Miles from Junction 15 M1. http://www.cosgrove.co.uk There is excellent Carp Fishing and other Water based activities. It's not my cup of Tea but it may meet your needs.

Question Have you considetred a touring Van as this gives you many more options. There are caravan sites galore with touring pitches Docklow Pools http://www.fisheries.co.uk/docklow, and Mill Ponds in Herefordshire to name but two.

Hilary and I have owned a touring van for 4 years and it means I can fish and she can go where she wants in my opinion the best option.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Edited by - Polepot on 25 June 2002 10:44:25 AM

Edited by - Polepot on 25 June 2002 10:56:04 AM

Beebs

When I was a teenager, my parents took us to a place called Weir Meadow caravan park in Evesham. It is slap bang next to the River Avon and I seem to remember the fishing being superb. There were also a load of static caravans there, although I couldn't tell you if they were for sale or rent. It's worth a phone call as it has a 200m weir and some nice streches of river.

martin.

Account Locked
hi
thers billing aquadrome just outside northhamptonnext to M1
also several coastal resorts now have sites with laks on especialy near skegness around ingoldmels & chapple st leonards

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
One in Wales, if that is not too far, at a place called Harford, near Lampeter. Springwater lakes, full caravan link ups and two lakes. One course and one trout. A lovely place. Overnight fishing allowed.

Phone number is: 01558 650788

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Edited by - Geoff P on 01 July 2002 07:00:46 AM

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Severn Caravan Park Cillcewyyd nr Welshpool on the river Severn it has room for tourers as well as statics which some times come up for sale. There is also flats available to to rent. Contact is John Oliver on 01938 580238. its approx 50/60 miles from Brum area.
The river here has trout grayling dace chub to 5lb and occasional Barbel to double figures. John

chill out go fishing

odge666

there is a place called white acres in Cornwall has 14 lakes big carp and catfish has nearly every fish in the lakes from brown goldfish to eels tackle shop on site and fihing is superb

o.dawson

DenAndy

If you fancy a trip to Yorkshire there is a Caravan site with a 7 acre course lake called the Lakeside Caravan Park (original) near Pocklington just outside York. We stayed there a couple of years ago and it was about 7 a night for a pitch and 5 a day to fish. Plenty of bream in the lake and plenty of good pubs with food nearby plus an excellant indian resteraunt in Pocklington. We had an great long weekend there.

Andy

darryl

you could try shakespere hallcroft at retford notts,4 ponds and a river they have static vans and touring pitches

pikey123

jim id advise to consider joining the caravan club.they have loads of small sites which are only allowed to take 5 caravans their all inspected & loads of them have fishing on.have a chat with a member & borrow his members book.this will give you some idea of the sites & whats available.
dave

d a pike

Status
Not open for further replies.