Car Hire in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triturus

Can anybody give me any pointers as to the best deals on Italian car hire. Trawling through the comparison sites is making my vision blur and if anybody has gone through the trial already it will make my life easier.

Davejg

This is always worth a look, and like here if you ask a question someone (probably several ) will be able to answer ir.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28&order=desc

ed2

T-Total Clustaf**k
Be careful what you get.. my girlfriend and I hired a car in Turkey....

IMG_0042.jpg

ed2

T-Total Clustaf**k
Oh btw that is an 800cc Suzuki (we assume an Alto) from around 1992. It has no powered steering, no airbags, no aircon (in 45 degrees), it had a nackered starter motor and it had been around the clock! IT WAS AMAZING!!

paulod

Site Supporter
Go to a reputable company and make sure you've thoroughly gone over the 'checking for scratches before you take the car away' bit.
I hired a Fiat near Lake Como a few years ago from a place near my hotel, and when I took it back they kept insisting on there being a 'scratch' and pointing to a perfectly unmarked part of the car. I ended up calling the manager of the hotel to come and look at the 'scratch', he couldn't see anything either, because there wasn't a mark in the first place, of course. It was only then that the thieving rogue gave up and took the car away.
I'd paid, if I remember accurately, a 200 deposit, and that's what they were after keeping. Be wary. [:T]

Triturus

Thanks fellas. It tends to be all the added extras that seem to be put in to confuse the punter and up the ante that sthe real confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.