Car Headlamp Bulb Replacement.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Done !!!

It only cost me £3.40, a gobfull of swearing, 4 square inches of knuckle skin and about a quarter pint of blood. :)

rodring

Account Locked
A major problem with some cars it seems like they got a bulb and built the car round it?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Remember changing one in my Volvo the other year. As you say...lost loads of skin. You need hands like Jeremy Beadle.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
told the garage to do mine (as it was in at the time) £40!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

Whisker

Site Supporter
£10 + £2VAT
no swearing, no skin and no blood lost (I do learn from experience... eventually!). Small price to pay in my book.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I used to have a convertible 05 reg Megane, which you got to the headlight through a flap inside the wheel arch (slightly narrower than an average child's forearm) which you had to get elbow deep in. I swear it was designed by someone with a James Herriot fetish!

BTMS

Site Supporter
I got a XC70 and done my head light in two minutes flat. Easy peasy.
Scary same colour same border garden as pervious posts I have the same "11" plate 2.0 diesel auto ex motability. so much room does your dipped beam keep blowing Halfords bulbs

Dusty

Just changed our lasses on her VW Polo and it was very easy. 2 screws to remove the headlamp unit and the bulb comes straight out.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I used to have a convertible 05 reg Megane, which you got to the headlight through a flap inside the wheel arch (slightly narrower than an average child's forearm) which you had to get elbow deep in. I swear it was designed by someone with a James Herriot fetish!

pffttt amature..... remove the plastic cover from the top of the headlamp, take out the two 10mm bolts and viola...headlamp pops out :p

nejohn

Site Supporter
Easiest was a Merc C class, both sides very easy, flip the cover off the back of the headlight release the spring clip job done 2 minutes.. worst Mazda 6 passenger's side, battery out, air filter box out, windscreen washer bottle out only then could I have enough space to at least get my hand in underneath the battery tray, still managed to take about 3 layers of skin off my knuckles