Caperlan hooded side tray.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Wondered if anybody had one or used to have one, looking to treat myself to a new sidetray in new year, i dont match fish so not looking for owt too big or fancy, but at £65 thought they looked half decent against the usual suspects at around £100+.....ive a matrix f25 seatbox at mo and use a universal sidetray (only small), the caperlan is 60x45cm with 2 legs for rigidity, any thoughts welcomed.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have hooded Ventalite, cant remember the size, got it to replace monster zip round side tray with bait boxes.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
1608650862030.png

Looks reasonable for the money and has a 2 year warranty.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
1608650862030.png

Looks reasonable for the money and has a 2 year warranty.
Thats the one Peter, they do a deluxe model for another fiver (single leg) but prefer this one, think i might dip into my pension in the new year. cheers.

Jonny w

Hi there a friend of mine has the caperlan Hooded Side tray with the caperlan CSB D36 seat box, I can honestly say both are very very good, and excellent value for money, well made and very sturdy, when I hopefully upgrade my seat box next year that’s what I’ll be getting with out doubt, the side tray and the seat box are every bit as good as other brands costing twice the price.

Jonny w

Thanks for that info Jonny. (y)
No bother m8, honestly you would really struggle to get better value for money, like I said the caperlan d36 seat box is also very good, ridiculous good for 299.99 to be fair, better the some that cost almost twice the price, when people twig on a bit I bet all there prices start go up

JohnL

I’ve had one for nearly a year, it does what it says on the tin. Bought it in Belgium for about €55. The only problem is it is slightly heavier than the Preston/Matrix etc trays. I also had the 25mm seat box for over 3 years good but again heavy but definitely well built, there is also a good selection of extra trays at reasonable prices. The older Sensas trays also fit.