Caperlan Grounbaits

Tallshort23

Spent an afternoon looking through the Decathlon website and spotted these Groundbaits and was wondering if anyone had used them? I have ordered some of their roach and Lake groundbaits which I will mix 50/50 and add some crushed hemp for using on canals so fingers crossed it will work as they are nearly half the price of the sensas ones. They also sell a lot of base ingredients and would like to hear if anyone has used them and what their thoughts were.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've only used the plain Gooster one in 10kg sacks for £9.99 after it was recommended to me on here for Bream fishing. It worked very well and I will be using it again as a bulking groundbait as I think it's mostly Brown Crumb and Biscuit but with a lot of Dried Corn in there too.

Tallshort23

Odd just tried it and went straight there. Try this Blog The relevant post is July 2019
Got it thanks. So you like the cocoa. Will have to give it a try. I know roughly what sensas groundbaits mixes I used to use and am looking for something equivalent in the Decathlon ranges as a start point.

ben carvosso

I got some a few weeks ago.
10kg of brown crumb which does what it's meant to.
Few bags of tench and a few bags of strawberry.
Used them over the weekend and thought they were spot on.
Bagged a few tincas and the masses of rudd in the lake loved the groundbait
I chucked some in the margin and they were fighting over it

Sebbie

Site Supporter
I've been using Gooster mixed 50/50 with Betaine Green Swim Stim as a method mix with micros and hemp and it seems to be going down really well.

adriang

Site Supporter
used the vanilla biscuit crumb, its a really good binder. Ordered 5kgs when they had a free delivery offer going. Bag arrived burst, gave the postman something to comment on, as it smells great. I complained to Decathlon and they sent me a replacement bag, so have a bit.

buygoodtackle

Yes, I use the vanilla as a binder when fishing Port Talbot Docks, the vanilla is a good binder, the coco Belgique is a lot finer and more suited for still waters. The riviere is as the name suggests a river groundbait and is quite heavy, but the one thing I have found with all the Caperlan range is that they will take a lot of water if required, so are very versatile as you can use the same mix in a variety of ways.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
A few years ago I did some promotional work for Decathlon and I was giving away £250 worth of their ground bait every weekend to anglers on condition they reviewed their findings. All the reviews I received were good so I tried the standard plain mix myself. I also found it to be very good as a base for all fish species as it is mainly a bread crumb mix. However, it does/did contain a high salt content, probably for preservative purposes and therefore putting squat, pinkie or maggot into the mix shrivelled the skins and they died quickly. It is excellent for particle baits though and easy to apply your own flavourings as you wish. Excellent value as well, which is the bonus. Otherwise I couldn't fault it for all those reasons.