cape helius OR citta romana

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
right then lads over the years stayed at citta romana and the digs are spoton but i just find its getting a bit boring on a night when you fancy a beers after been hauling bream all day[:0] so fancy a change so has many stayed at cape helius in town and has it got any bad points[:H] i had heard theres no oven in these chalets and whats it like for storing ya gear is there plenty of room or do you have to leave it in ya vehicles any info would be appreciated [:T]

The Big Fella

Hi Chubber

We are this year trying somewhere different for the very same reason etc, great digs at Citta but the bar depressed us!!

As if you stayed even an hour later than normal due to decent fishing it ruins the night as by time you got back and changed and eaten, you left with no more than an hour drinking time!

This place has come recommended by 3 blokes that have stayed at Citta before and they also agreed the digs were top, but didnt want to stay again due to lack of a late beers?

http://www.weergors.nl/gb/start.htm

Apparently this is not as good digs wise compared to Citta as its in large mobile homes/caravans on a large holiday site, however they do have a bar on site with pool table, a good restaurant, and its own lake that I dont think they have fished.

It's in similar location wise as in not walkable to the town! but the owners and staff are apparently happy to serve whilst you want to drink with nights reguarly after midnight and later etc![;)]

We are there 27th August for 7 nights so can comment properly on what we thought of it......after

P.s The prices are excellent if nowt else???
[:D][;)][:D][;)]

5 weeks and counting!

apsy2

apsy2
citta have been notifeid regarding the bar,service etc The restaurant& bar are run on a franchaise. Last year was atrocius,the worse night being when a member of the barstaff had a drink for her birthday,invited her friends kicking the anglers out at 10 30![:0]

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
cheers for your replys lads havnt fallen out with citta just fancy somewhere different but if cape heluis is not set up like citta ideal for your fishing gear and stuff we could well end up back there to be honest [:T]

TimB

Some of our crew stayed at Cape Helius last Sept. Big plus for them was being able to walk into town, the big minus was that extras you had to pay for - bedding & towels and for the deposit you need to give your bank account details & leave an open card tab.
We went back to Citta in May - taxi is only 4 euro each way

SHAFT

Stayed at Citta twice and okay but stayed at Cape Helius last year for 2 weeks and will be back there again in 6 weeks time. Much better than Citta and even after you have paid for the bedding etc it is quite a bit cheaper, easy walk to town, I left my bank details and deposit was sent back within the week to my account. You can pay for all the cleaning to be done for you and even with this charge it is cheaper than Citta and much nicer. We had no problem with the van and fishing gear etc and the bait shop is on your door step. no oven but they do have combi microwave. [:)]

griff06

Site Supporter
Have to agree with shaft,we stayed at citta for two years,but this year we stayed at the cape for the first time,the digs are bigger than citta,we had plenty of room for two vans on the drive,we called at citta one afternoon for a pint,9euros for two pints,wich we thought was a bit steep,at cape helius we had afive min walk into town,the beer was 3euros a pint,cape helius is much better than citta in our opinion,i yhink if any fellow mds stay at the cape,the will not go back to citta,we did not pay for bedding we just took sleeping bags,you pay a 65 eoru deposit with a credit card,you dont need to wait around like you do at citta for your money back ,you can just check out ,once they have checked the digs they deposit the money back in your bank,there is no oven in the digs,but there is a microwave with a grill on it,we didn'treally miss the oven.hope this helps anybody thinking of a change

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
cheers griff looks like a few nights in town for a change this year not long now matey [;)][:W]

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
When you say there is no oven, does this mean that there is also no cooker ie for the frying pan & sauce pans? We do like a fry up for breakfast.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
its electric hobs mate just no conventional oven [:T] when you over there nexthttp://www.cape-helius.com/flash.html?gclid=CLemxMPp-aICFQI-lAod_gs5jw just click on the slide show and it shows ya i think [;)]

Last edited:

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
When are you over Stu?won't be able to thrash u at pool if u go Cape.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Hi.I'm a new member, me and two mates are going to Holland for the first time next year,probably at the back end of May,your comments on 'the Cape' seem like the sort of thing we are looking for,did you book your accomodation and ferry yourself ?

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Thanks for that Chubby, not realy clear on the pic's but as long as there is something for our cook to cook on thats fine.
Not to sure yet, would like to get over in September but I think the wife has got other ideas.
Will be over again next year though all being well, the Cape looks promising, will have to put it to the lads.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
no back to citta we have three extra days this time but we will be having a good look round cape for next year all been well[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.