can't find fishmeal, trout pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
I am going on a bait buying expedition tomorrow, I have found a place near me where I can get 20kg hemp, 25kg ewe nuts and 5ltrs molasses for cheap.

Couldn't find trout pellets, brown crumb or fishmeal though. I know this subject has been brought up a few times so I hope you don't mind giving me some advice again.

I have spent the last hour and half on google and searching old posts here - so I have had a good look[:D]

I don't really want to send away for it as it sort of defeats the object of getting it cheap and there are no more animal feed or seed merchants near me apart from the one I have got the ewe nuts etc from(that I know of anyway).

Is there anywhere else that could stock these three things?

For example in a post a few months ago Trogg told me that you could get fishmeal from garden centres, I have had a look on the internet at the online garden centres and can't find it. Is it packaged under a different name Trogg?

and I just read a post (sorry, can't remember who it was) that you can get trout pellets from pet shops - are these sold under a different name? as I had a look around a pet superstore today just to see what type of things were there and the closest thing I seen was carp pellets at almost 3 pound per kg!

As for brown crumb - apart from tackle shop at 1 pound for a small bag I don't know1

Thanks for your help

http://www.geocities.com/stillwatercoarseangler

angler-mark

British Breadcrumb Company near Nottingham sell brown crumb and fishmeal, Last time I bought some, the fishmeal was 12 for 20 kilo's and crumb was 8 for the same. They also sell pellets of all kinds.

Tight Lines

Mark

dolph.gif

rob27

peg nine
thanks for that mark - but thing is I live in neath which is near swansea, should have stated that sorry.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Animal feed stockists aren't allowed to sell fishmeal anymore
I think its due to BSE or foot-and-mouth

I used to buy a big bag every year for about a tenner - once you riddled it a couple of times it looked (and smelt) just like Sillybait.

I wonder if that company Mark mentioned do mail-order (although the postage will probably cost more than the groundbait[:p])

Tight Lines

Simon

Larry

Lazarus
Ask in your tackle shop if they do brown crumb by the 20kg sack the tackle shop i use doe's.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Rob

If you're local pet food store is one of the small ones & not a multi national comapny then ask them to get you some trout feed/pellets thats all i do & John at Aslings is always happy to get them in for me.

Fishmeal at garden centres is a tricky one, the best thing you can do is go & take a good look around, the fishmeal is sold as fertiliser for lawns etc.

Blood "n" bone is another one i sometimes use but its being mixed with other stuff now so i won't be using it much longer [:(]

Brown crumb is an easy one mate, ask at any local bakers if you can have their end of day produce, thats the stuff they haven't sold by the end of the day they'll normally sell you it very cheap as they only throw it away normally, then just grind it up to make your crumb.

Like i said before take the time to hunt around in places like pet shops & garden centres, it can pay off in the long run.

Alan

Datafile4.asp

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've always bought fishmeal and pellets from here: http://www.thebluebarn.co.uk/ but I don't know if they do delivery

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

rob27

peg nine
thanks

Trogg - wouldn't the crumb then be white or do I ask for something specific.

BTW funny thing just happened about 10 minutes ago. Found an old anglers mail from Nov 2001 down the back of my desk folded open at letters page. First thing I read is a letter titled 'advert sticking point' from alan fawcett.
Do you still have the anglersnet.co.uk sticker on your PC or have you upgraded it to something more suitable?[;)][:D][:D]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes mate its still there BUT my monitor has got a maggotdrowning.com one on it instead [:D]

Alan

Datafile4.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.