Cannabis legalisation in Germany

Gaz9243

Watched it ruin my brothers life. Pshychosis by 17, still a casual user and robbed a rather smart and capable lad of ambition and ruin some very good chances in life. It seems to destroy motivation.
That could be a good reason to legalise it. That way it’s managed, and controlled. The biggest problem with the cannabis in the uk, is that the underground growers are striving for super strength.
Another (imo) argument for legalisation is the tax, and revenue it could produce, while taking money away from the criminals, and organised crime.
I would definitely rather see a stoner than a drunk. Far more people die from alcohol than cannabis, and far more lives are ruined.

I used to smoke it when I was younger, but don’t anymore, and don’t think that will ever change

Pompous git

Site Supporter
That could be a good reason to legalise it. That way it’s managed, and controlled. The biggest problem with the cannabis in the uk, is that the underground growers are striving for super strength.
Another (imo) argument for legalisation is the tax, and revenue it could produce, while taking money away from the criminals, and organised crime.
I would definitely rather see a stoner than a drunk. Far more people die from alcohol than cannabis, and far more lives are ruined.

I used to smoke it when I was younger, but don’t anymore, and don’t think that will ever change
Bit off topic, some years ago the tory politician William Hague said as a young man he would drink fourteen pints { ? }. This was when cannabis
was also in the news, a gentleman wrote to the telegraph and said he would rather bump into a Yorkshireman who had smoked a joint than a
man who had drunk fourteen pints, he had a point.

I know it does not always follow but I see cannabis as the start of a slippery slippery slope, it should stay illegal.

BarryS

Gone fishing
Legalise and tax it control its quality . I speak as someone who has never even had a single cigarette in my life. Clamping down on it has never....nor has it ever made a difference.

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
If you can't keep cannabis out of your prisons, you can't keep it out of your country. That's one side of it. But if it's legalised, where is it going to come from? The Sinaloa cartel? Legaising cannabis in the UK, will result in pumping tens of millions of pounds into the pockets of vile criminal gangs. That are already threatning to destroy society and democracy in several Latin American countries.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
If somebody walks into our bar, stinking of weed, my missus gets the air freshener & happily sprays it all over them. We can't abide the smell of the stuff, never mind the fact we don't want it drawing attention to the pub.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Some of the ladies just riding round on all the bikes they have over there were pretty fine too, including one I remember who was singing as she went. But the first thing I saw when I got out of the taxi at the little hotel we stayed at was a bloke riding a bike in just a thong! :LOL:
Me and a gang of mates spent a fantastic few hours drinking and some of them smoking, outside a canalside bar just people watching enjoying the late September sunshine. Obviously a little worse for wear we all nearly died laughing when a very elderly bloke rode by in just a brief pair of gold hotpants. We were absolutely rolling laughing I remember it actually really hurt :ROFLMAO:

Aztecca

Site Supporter
If you can't keep cannabis out of your prisons, you can't keep it out of your country. That's one side of it. But if it's legalised, where is it going to come from? The Sinaloa cartel? Legaising cannabis in the UK, will result in pumping tens of millions of pounds into the pockets of vile criminal gangs. That are already threatning to destroy society and democracy in several Latin American countries.
What would the cartels of Latin America have to do with it?Surely that is cocaine not cannabis.The vast majority of cannabis used in this country is grown hear.The days of large amounts of Hash from morocco's and brick weed from Thailand/Jamaica are long gone.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yes that's Cocaine from Latin America. I watched a documentary about legalisation in Colorado and there was people, 'businessmen', who got rich setting up cannabis factories to supply the newly legalised market. One of the arguments for legalisation is that it takes it out of the homegrown blackmarket.

BarryS

Gone fishing
I understood that the UK is one of the largest producers of medicinal cannabis. But if it were legalised it would come from legal sources..like all the legal producers in the USA.

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
What would the cartels of Latin America have to do with it?Surely that is cocaine not cannabis.The vast majority of cannabis used in this country is grown hear.The days of large amounts of Hash from morocco's and brick weed from Thailand/Jamaica are long gone.
The mexican drug cartels, like the Sinaloa are major producers of cannabis.

BarryS

Gone fishing
Yes that's Cocaine from Latin America. I watched a documentary about legalisation in Colorado and there was people, 'businessmen', who got rich setting up cannabis factories to supply the newly legalised market. One of the arguments for legalisation is that it takes it out of the homegrown blackmarket.
The homegrown illegal market must be huge here in the uk. But along with most granted legalisation is the ability/permission for folks to have a limited number of plants grown at home. PLanted indoors or next to the rhubarb I suppose.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Some of the ladies just riding round on all the bikes they have over there were pretty fine too, including one I remember who was singing as she went. But the first thing I saw when I got out of the taxi at the little hotel we stayed at was a bloke riding a bike in just a thong! :LOL:
That was Warrington63, he mentioned that he saw you while he was on holiday there! ;-)

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Can we put this thread on hold until Wednesday please.
Need to watch the boxsets of Narcos & Narcos Mexico so I am up to speed on how it all works.

:D

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Can we put this thread on hold until Wednesday please.
Need to watch the boxsets of Narcos & Narcos Mexico so I am up to speed on how it all works.

:D
Have you watched breaking bad?
Ironically I got addicted and binge watched! 😵‍💫

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
No mate, we have the boxset and for some strange reason I just don't fancy it.
Both Narcos are excellent though. 🙂

BBear

Site Supporter
I wonder whether some politicians would like is all to be to be stoned zombies.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I don't know why anyone would smoke that rubbish when you can have a much cleaner downer with Alcohol.

I do believe it should be the individual who decides what to put in their bodies and not the state though, just tax accordingly to pay for police and NHS etc.