Canals. Who do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Keating

How can you tell which bit of a canal is owned by who. I have always fished canals i know i can fish but if a canals owned by an AC do you pay on the bank or do you have to pre pay.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Steve K

Colin Payne

I find the easiest way to find out is to either do a search on Google or go into the nearest tackle shop to the canal in question. You may have to pay in many ways, sometimes you pay on the bank, sometimes in the tackle shop or in my case the local canal is run by a club and you can either get a yearly membership or just pay a dayticket on the bank.

Chopper

If your not sure, just get your gear on the bank, set up and fish.

If you fish all day without any bother good for you.

If it's a day ticket water pay your dosh, if it's a club water just act all innocent and say you didn't see any signs, thay can only kick you off [;)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

norm

good advice lee

if they don't have signes up does that mean that you are supposed to be a mind reader?

brady

its the same with matches.several times ive been told to leave a water cause its matched up ,would a sign be too difficult?

the devil created work to stop me fishing!

chub

it depends on witch canal you want to fish on my local canal in chesterfield countryside rangers come round and collect money or you can buy a dayticket from tapton lock visitor centre .

i love catching chub

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The easiest thing to do would be to contact British waterway, tell the what the bridge numbers are either side of the stretch you want to fish & they will be able to tell you who has the fishing rights on it.

That way you don't have to worry about falling foul of the law or getting known as a "guesting" angler (ie:poaching).

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.