Canal Rod

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
the cadence CR10#1 11ft is the ideal tool at a great price although Cadence are not currently offering their normal 20% discount:(.

I have the Cr10#2 and use it for silvers but it just feels that little bit (not much) overgunned so the #1 is defo the tool.

SoulSoldier

Site Supporter
Hi,
I have a Fox Envoy twin top canal rod which is designed for light line fishing on canals and you get two rods one spliced top for float fishing and another for light ledgering I have only used it half a dozen times contact me if you want to buy it.

frankg

Although they are going to be 12 ft the microlight do crop up on eBay and prices aren’t as strong as they used to be an alternative well worth looking at imho is the Cadence 11 ft #1 rod ( there’s a review on the rod by Paul ( kojak on here ) fishing at Bielby caravan park on Cadence fishing tv amongst others ) lovely light rod beautiful soft action but with a bit of grunt lower down

I’ll second the Cadence 11’ #1, it’s perfect for what you want👍🎣

Nipps

Thanks all for the suggestions and advice. However, I’m gently trying to persuade my mate that my former Image rod will be better off with it’s original owner 😂 Failing that maybe a time consuming wait for a 12’ Microlite 2000.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I have the 11ft Matchpro Ultralight & can’t fault it for silvers & the odd bream. Lovely action.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
If you can find one, Milo did an 11' canal rod in the noughties... it was a 3 section rod with a short butt section... very light and great for the Grand Union, I sold it on when I stopped match fishing

lenbatten

Just before I went abroad in 1982 I got a Kevin Ashurst 12 foot canal match used around 5 times now still in bag up in the loft interested?
Len

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
I've a Drennan Matchpro 11' and it is a beautiful rod which would be perfect for you needs.

As a slight wild card selection I put forward an option in the old Preston 11' Mini Carp float rod. I have fished it using 0.12 main line to either 0.08 or 0.10 bottoms and it has been a joy. A truly remarkable rod, crisp yet soft and forgiving.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
If you can find one a Shakespeare Excelsior - Lovely light / thin blank - Dark Green with silver whipping edge. Think Drennad Matchlite, Wouldn't find mch better