Canal floats

NJ1875

Site Supporter
Found these 2 in an old box from my youth, anybody know anything about them? Were they commercially available or local tackle shop specials? 20210221_164751.jpg
I used to have some of these back in the 80s. Decent floats and you could easily cast them quite accurately. Although I must admit I did prefer the canal grey and I still have one of those knocking about.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I used to have some of these back in the 80s. Decent floats and you could easily cast them quite accurately. Although I must admit I did prefer the canal grey and I still have one of those knocking about.
Yeh, canal greys were my favourite, lost them all over the years.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I could never buy Ultra floats locally in my youth but I went on a family holiday to Blackpool and on one of the piers there was a little tackle kiosk that had loads on cards.
Spent all my holiday money on them instead of the fair and came home with about 20 all gone to float heaven now probably 50 years later almost.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I could never buy Ultra floats locally in my youth but I went on a family holiday to Blackpool and on one of the piers there was a little tackle kiosk that had loads on cards.
Spent all my holiday money on them instead of the fair and came home with about 20 all gone to float heaven now probably 50 years later almost.
Sounds like something I would have done Ken, good on ya, 👍

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
What's a matter with you lot !
Those floats l still use on a 3m or 5m whip and they work brilliantly. As for canal greys and others of the same ilk l have loads ,well 30 or so and still use them especially when theres a skim on the surface.

Silver fan 82

What's a matter with you lot !
Those floats l still use on a 3m or 5m whip and they work brilliantly. As for canal greys and others of the same ilk l have loads ,well 30 or so and still use them especially when theres a skim on the surface.
Great floats to use on the whip Steve, nice and sensitive but with enough weight behind them to fish positively.

BBear

Site Supporter
those Darts are a blast from the past - I remember using them on the canal back in the 70’s. From memory they were weighted and you could cast them tight to the far bank with the float leading so less chance of getting tangled up in the bushes.