Canal Float Choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
I am off to try for a few stalked canal carp in my local water using a float and avon style rod.
Rather than use a normal waggler I am considering a pellet waggler as they apparently don't dive very deep on the cast (important I feel when casting to fish) and carry enough weight to take larger baits. I can even imagine it doubling up as a controller if necessary. For bait I will be taking an uncut crusty loaf and some meat.
What are anyone else's thoughts, are there any obvious disadvantages as opposed to a normal waggler?

bluemack

Site Supporter
Originally posted by The_Sogster

I am off to try for a few stalked canal carp in my local water using a float and avon style rod.
Rather than use a normal waggler I am considering a pellet waggler as they apparently don't dive very deep on the cast (important I feel when casting to fish) and carry enough weight to take larger baits. I can even imagine it doubling up as a controller if necessary. For bait I will be taking an uncut crusty loaf and some meat.
What are anyone else's thoughts, are there any obvious disadvantages as opposed to a normal waggler?
think i,d be tempted to use the underused clear bubble float.

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
Thanks guys.
I have a couple of the fox clear bubble floats and some Billy Lane canal wagglers (gathering dust), I just thought that the bouyant nature of the fat polystyrene body may help by not diving as deep as a conventional waggler. The float I plan on using is only about 4" long (4AAA), I realise the pellet waggler is normally a 'splashy' method but I was hoping to feather the cast and not make too much disturbance.

Status
Not open for further replies.