Canal Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyC

Hi MDs
Has anybody fished a canal lately and noticed that there is a certain lack of fish,and wild foul
Or should i say gone missing (stolen)
I wonder who that could be (E Es i bet)
Any comments anyboy

RoyC (Don,t let E Es get you down)

Last edited:

Colin Payne

Fished a section of the Basingstoke canal in Woking this week. 1st trip out got 9 perch, 1 roach and a jack pike all on worm. Did a couple of hours yesterday for a roach, a perch and a bigger jack again on worm. Today did about an hour and a half before the rains came and got a small tench and a perch. Chap next to me had about twenty silver fish before I got there. He said he'd bagged up last week on roach and rudd. On the whole didn't seem too bad, plenty of ducks, voles and rats mooching around. Unfortunately this canal closes next week for closed season as it's run by a club, I'd only just started fishing it and was looking for some springtime action!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whats an E E??

I've spent 5 hrs on the cut today (staffs/worcs) & had a lovely chub ,along with a nice roach or it would have been if i'd got it to the bank before a sneaky jack pike swam out from the bank & took it [:(]

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Last edited:

Esox

I can only say that the Leeds/Liverpool has some cracking fishing, prob over lasty 5 years, much better than it's ever been in my thirty sumut years. Moorhens, ducks, swans, TITS.

breambasher

the chesterfield canal is full of fish fished a match last weekend won with 7lb5oz everyone caught 22 fished.

im mad for it

Status
Not open for further replies.