Canal 30.05.07 (Little Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Ok guys, so i had a little session down the canal today, took a can of Princes meat and a tin of Felix Tuna Chunks.

Didnt need to open the Cat Meat, for the few hours i was there Luncheon Meat did the damage. I fished this peg and a lad that terrorized my town for the last 5 years was on the peg next to me, but he was actually a really nice guy...wierd how fishing brings people together and you forget about everything else isnt it?

DSC00241.jpg

Thats the swim i initially fished, having Roach like this for the first few hours, i couldnt believe how well it was doing, in sickening weather too!

roach.jpg

During this time i also caught a few skimmers but i was sat with this guy and felt silly taking a photo of skimmers under 1lb so i just slipped em straight back :p

Later on i moved to the other end of the canal, owned by Warrington Angling, right next to Spike Island in Widnes. As i rode towards a good looking peg i stopped next to a lad who i recognized from Lloyds Meadow a few days earlier, apparently his Grandad lives close by, small world!

This lad is 15 and sponsored, had all his gear with him, the full lot, i looked a right tool [:p]

But still, i set up next to him and caught a few more skimmers, he went on to catch about 100 rudd in an hour infront of me with one or two Bream upto 4lb for good measure, he had his tactics spot on and in bad weather too, nice lad to fish with, im going back down tomorrow to give him some company, ill probably lash out a feeder and watch him do his stuff [8D]

Hope you enjoyed :)

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
That swim looks excellent and the report was a good read... cheers!!!!

Last edited:

Ady

Formerly Adymon
The swim is crammed with Carp of a morning and evening! Loads off the durface to be had and a few decent fish below it too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.