can-o-worms 45ltr

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
hi guys, do any of you use this product for keeping and breeding your worms for fishing and is it any good or is it too small?
the reason l am asking is that my local council are now selling these inclusive of the start up pack ie bedding materials and initial worms all for 50, l have seen these retail at over 80 so on paper it looks a good deal, so any thoughts.

maggot dangler

that does sound cheap, i looked at one of those before buying the worm cafe. it should be plenty big enough for keeping and breeding worms for yourself but not enough to sell any on. once your worms are comfortable they will double in numbers every month until they are at the optimum amount for the space they have. so taking a tubfull out wont harm them.

i'v had mine for 12 months now and they have made 3 tubs of vermicompost which i give to my neighbour who has an allotment, also i have taken tubs of worms out every other week now for about 3 months and it hasn't affected how much they compost at all.

it is definately worth 50 quid in my opinion

nrayner

I've got a can o worms (basic without the bedding, worms etc) and it's great. All our vegetable/fruit kitchen waste goes into it and it produces more than enough hook worms and excellent compost for the vegetable patch. I've populated it with redworms, however, rather than the brandlings (tiger worms) that they supply with the complete kit.

slappy2

i ve had one for years great bit of kit and for that money your on a winner fella,easy to use if it comes with starter pack worms etc easy to use makes good quality compost plenty worms for normal worm fishing,job done

robbofish

my local b&q closed for a refit last year. Got one of these bins for 25 the bedding small bag of compost in plus a form to send of for a pack of worms bargin[:D. Been up and running form 12months now and had about 2kg of worms out this year[:D]

nrayner

Try here, but expensive!

http://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/shop/searchresults.html?-session=shopper:502A9B1D14186112CBgqFDF28CEC

http://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/shop/product.html?product_id=1316&foldrequest=more&-session=shopper:502A9B1D14186112CBgqFDF28CEC

nutmeg

Site Supporter
hi bigdavewsf, sorry mate l never saw your question about where l got it, well it was from my local council Cheshire East. if you do a search of your local council which l guess would be either merseyside or liverpool. thats what l did when l as told about the offer that my council runs. also told that there maybe a further reduction in price as the summer draws to an end.

Branny

Just ordered myself one of these. 55 all in via my local council. Hopefully should lead to many quality fish!

Branny

Nothing to see here. Posted wrong reply in thread!

Last edited:

old rod

I bought one of these http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Stoke-Worms?_rdc=1 128L and although they are only plastic boxes and you could make one yourself cheaper I thought that all in all they were good value. I think that 45l does sound a bit on the small side if you want to harvest any amount of worms.

Branny

Originally posted by old rod

I think that 45l does sound a bit on the small side if you want to harvest any amount of worms.

The FAQ says it will optimise at about 4000-6000 worms - if I reach that then should be more than enough. If not, I'll add another section for 15.

old rod

If that's what it says but that seems a lot to me comparing in to the size of my 128L wormery.

Branny

If that's what it says but that seems a lot to me comparing in to the size of my 128L wormery.

You'll have to count them to be sure matey [:D]

old rod

Worms are fantastic things really when you consider that all they do is eat, shag, and poo but we would be lost without them eating all of our waste, reproducing their numbers, and making quality fertiliser, let alone catching great big fish for us.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter

Worms are fantastic things really when you consider that all they do is eat, shag, and poo ............

In fairness add sleep to that list and you have my favourite things !!

Branny

Can arrived today.

Erected and standing pretty in the back garden ready to begin breeding fish food.

Comes with a voucher for 125g of worms (30g are 1.80 in the local tackle shop so that's a saving of 7.50 already using some warped logic). Ordered another 500g of worms from ebay.

Hopefully they will shag like mad so I can use them sooner rather than later.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
hi Matt l have sent you the link for cheshire east can o worms to you via PM plus a couple of other links that maybe of use to you that we talked about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.