Can I fish where I want under the present restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've seen this question, or variations of it several times now and no doubt it will arise again on a regular basis....

Here is the definitive answer from the Angling Trust *...

UPDATE – On October 14, the Government introduced a new three tier system of Covid restrictions. Fishing and outdoor sports remain accepted by the Government as low risk activities and can largely continue within the new regulations in all the three tiers. However, there has been some tightening of the restrictions and the government discourages travel into and out of the Tier 3, Very High, alert level areas. As anglers we have an individual responsibility to fish safely, to adhere strictly to the rules and to follow the appropriate guidance for travel in the various areas.

Here is the advice/guidance from the Government **...

- the Government advice/guidance is you should try to avoid travelling outside the very high alert level area you are in or entering a very high alert level area, other than for things like work, education or youth services, to meet caring responsibilities or if you are travelling through as part of a longer journey.

..... So if you are not going to work, education, youth services or caring responsibilites but going fishing then the above applies

The full wording can be found here:

Local COVID alert levels: what you need to know

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

* For advice on fishing in Wales during Covid-19 restrictions visit the Angling Trust Fishing In Wales website.

** Applies to: England (see guidance for Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

I hope this clarifies the issue for all

Last edited:

bezzer

Site Supporter
You're still going to get idiots, including some on here, who will ignore the guidance and travel in and out of a Tier 3 area.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Then they will be part of the problem.

Warden

Site Supporter
Saw this on another site made me think? "The Covid 19 virus cannot walk or fly, its ravaging the country for one reason only! People! We are and have carried the virus all over the place mainly against Government guidelines The current advice (for most) is do not go out of the area you live in except for essential reasons work, food shopping etc. yet anglers are still fishing matches all over the place willy-nilly If everyone (bar for those needing hospital treatment) just stopped in their house for 3 weeks the virus would be all but gone, have run its natural course? "

I doubt I will be fishing any matches for the next few months, but advise fishing local ones if you must! Can see us going back to the full lockdown scenario we had at the start, stay safe.
As said above people selfishly will ignore everything that goes against what they want to do when we finish up in complete lockdown they will still think they played no part in it,and when its all over and the debt has to be paid back no doubt they will be shouting loudest why me!

Keith Sparky

Dave,

For "The Government" and "Definitive" add in the "Devolved Governments/Assemblies" rules for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland........last time I looked we were still part of the UK although with the different rules everywhere it does not feel like it !

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
With wording like "should" an "avoid" i take it to mean it's not against the law to travel from tier 3 into say tier 2.

Might risk it for fishing, if police want to try and fine me i'll appeal the schitt out of it.

Might seem reckless at first glance but where i fish i don't see another soul about so no risk of interacting.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you see a sign on the top of a cliff saying 'Keep to the path' do you ignore it and walk to the edge?

It doesn't have to be set in Law, it is as it says and if you choose to ignore it then you are part of the problem.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Come on chaps,

If I can cancel a planned trip to the Trent next Saturday to christen my new barbel kit, because the stretch is just inside the Notts border, then for the sake of all, what's one or two missed trips.

The fish aren't going anywhere and imagine how hungry they are going to be when restrictions are lifted.

I am all kitted up and no can go....... :cry::cry:

violin gif.gif

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
With wording like "should" an "avoid" i take it to mean it's not against the law to travel from tier 3 into say tier 2.

Might risk it for fishing, if police want to try and fine me i'll appeal the schitt out of it.

Might seem reckless at first glance but where i fish i don't see another soul about so no risk of interacting.

It reminds me of that Lee Evans joke...
They reckon we should save the planet, save electricity and all that sort of stuff.
Oh, yeah, I'm loving this s**t they're coming out with!
You got the Chinese bellowing out s**t from coal-fired power stations,
the Americans are driving about in 4x4 Humvees,
Las Vegas is lit up like a giant Christmas tree, but they reckon if I switch off this little standby button on my TV...

Basically the rules and guidance are that you're allowed to spread the plague as long as you're propping up the economy whilst you're at it, if you're not doing something which results in your money ending up in the tax pot then you're part of the problem.

So get back to the office surrounded by people and risk your life, but don't you bloody dare go fishing!

Reactions: JLK

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
EDIT - Content deleted - please consider your membership if you wish to continue this discussion - Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Dslayer

dslayer
If you see a sign on the top of a cliff saying 'Keep to the path' do you ignore it and walk to the edge?

It doesn't have to be set in Law, it is as it says and if you choose to ignore it then you are part of the problem.
But if there is NO problem ... as in this situation Covid is NOT a problem except to the easily led as it is overstated and many other common infections have higher death rates ... then no-one can be a part of an invented problem whatever they do.

Edit: So you believe that the UK Government have invented a Worldwide Pandemic that doesn't exist in reality? Unbelievable !

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Please Read:

My/Maggotdrowning's stance regarding moving in and out of a Tier3 area to fish is inline with the guidance given by the Government and by the Angling Trust.

The rights, wrongs, and perceptions of the government's handling of the pandemic is not open for discussion on this thread, there are specific sections/threads on the forum where if you wish to debate it you can do so.
However, a word of warning, if you spout conspiracy theories, fake news, bullshit, non-validated information, expect what time you have on this forum to be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.