Can I catch Tench on the Waggler?

SeanB

Site Supporter
Now if there was an option to catch a 20lb gudgeon, that might be a different story.

davej1981

99.9% of the time the answer is a 20lb carp 🙄😖
Ive not seen anything but carp in the last year except for a handful of roach, im sick to death of them now! Cant wait to join a new club soon where they have several lakes with no carp

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
The simple fact is that a 5oz gudgeon is a record but a twenty pound carp is common as muck.🙄

The Tenchfishers

The Tenchfishers (founded 1954)
Float fishing for tench can get overlooked these days especially when gravel pit fishing for specimens. However it is always worth having a float rod to intercept tench on the marginal drop off. The best tench I witnessed from a pit was 10lb 6oz and that was 6 metres from the bank! My float PB is 9lb 11oz so it goes to show that feeder fishing although very effective is not the only method for a big tench!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Float fishing for tench can get overlooked these days especially when gravel pit fishing for specimens. However it is always worth having a float rod to intercept tench on the marginal drop off. The best tench I witnessed from a pit was 10lb 6oz and that was 6 metres from the bank! My float PB is 9lb 11oz so it goes to show that feeder fishing although very effective is not the only method for a big tench!
Hi there. remember this session quite well from reading the report back and it wasn't my best, but I won't let that put me off next as people do catch Tench on the waggler there. A lot will depend on the venue I guess, that's my excuse. I have a feeling on this day we would have been better a few pegs to the right where it's a couple of foot shallower.

This is what I can do on the feeder there, but all on a 25m line. No proper big ones, too many shoal fish, although they are rumoured to reach 10lb here.

davepellet

My no1 method for tench is either pole of waggler at the base of the near shelf, regardless of how far out that is (Prefer the float but the pole had always proved more successful, though not very purist)

My pb tench fell to pole at around 6m, on the first drop in after fishing 3 hours before that on a feeder setup on a different line

lliopp

Site Supporter
I had my first gudgeon of the year yesterday, from a still water, It's reaffirmed that I love them xx