calf heath resa

Status
Not open for further replies.

donk

hi all i joined blackfords ac last week and plan on fishing calfheath resa this sunday after the bream in there just wonderd if any one has fishied there at all and any info of tips on the place would be most helpfull
many thanks all [:)]

rawww

I only really fish calf heath for the carp or somtimes when i fancy a bit of silver bashing but ive had to more or less stop using halibut pellets/halibut method mix etc to try and avoid the bream, the few times i have had a bash at them ive scored pretty well up on the few pegs just past the point at about 30yard out with hair rigged 8mm,10mm or 12mm halibut pellets on the method or feeder with some sort of halibut/fish meal based groundbait.

Wormzalot

Maver Man
Hi mate, it depends what your after tbh, if its bags of skimmers then a fishmeal based mix laced pith micro pellets always goes down well, the bigger bream move in and sit over this. if its a mixed bag go for a slightly sweeter mix and fish maggot/ caster for a mixed bag of good roach and skimmers. for this i generally use 50/50 supercup and brown crumb just to bulk it out as you go through a fair bit! Loosefeed every 3-5 minutes in the first hour, then once they move in feed after every fish usually works well. These approaches I usually use the pole and find myself roughly 5ft of water, this is about 9-11 metres out in the narrower part of the lake (less wind here aswell). However, fish with a slightly heavier float than you normally would as it tows like a b!tch! 4x16/ 4x14 in light-moderate wind then trial and error if the wind gets stronger.

thats how I do it on the pole.

On the feeder I generally use a large cage for the first 2 hours, chucking every 5minutes to get a bed down, no need to go more than 20-30 metres out. Using the fishmeal mix with corn/ caster/ pellet hookbait.

Its a lovely water to fish and always throws up a surprise (early morning generally= nice tench).

Hope it helps, good luck! ill be on it bank holiday weekend so maybe see you there!

Just out of interest, whats the membership this year?

me

I agree with raww. if you want the big bream the theres a few pegs around the point (on the op side of the res from the carpark were the res turns to the left) Basicly theres a gravel bar out there and thats were they are. You will need some good quanties of ground bait. When iused to target them there i would use go through about 10 or more lb of ground bait. The key was to keep the swim fed.

donk

hi its 20 quid this year mate but u get to fish 4 pools

Woody29

Yep, 20 quid this year same as last season I think-absolute bargain in my opinion!!
I fish Calf Heath resa quite a bit, and have been trying to target the larger Bream that I know reside in there. Unfortunateley the biggest I've had so far went around 3lb [:(] Any suggestions on how to sort out the bigger fish? [:H]

Wormzalot

Maver Man
I tried targetting the bigger bream last summer when I was back in Stafford, I found a dark fishmeal mix, such as swimstim and swimstim green laced with micro pellets got the bigger fish. Though the biggest I had was about 4lb ot of there, surprisingly I had a few bonus carp aswell which you never seem to get on this water. My approach this year when I get chance to come down will be a heavy particle mix of micro's, 4-6mm pellets and caster and corn. I reckon an early start would see it best, and a late finish, sleep during the middle of the day lol!

Be good to hear if somebody hits the bigger bream!

Status
Not open for further replies.