Calder again

Lcn

Went on the Calder at first light again this morning and was into dace from the off , it was a bite a chuck and it was clear they were there in numbers because they were boiling when I fed and I was getting bites as soon as the float hit the water . The size wasn’t as big as previous trips but still managed a few bigger ones amongst the smaller ones plus some chublets , a brownie and a perch and a couple of gudgeon and surprisingly after my last few goes on the Calder and ribble not one single minnow at all . Had 1 bigger chub which I weighed because I took some scales this time which I don’t normally do when fishing like this and it was just over 4 . It gave a weird fight aswell , almost like it didn’t know it was hooked and didn’t run or try and find snags , just stayed deep and very slowly moved upstream till i got it level with me and then just kept trying to go back to mid river when I tried bringing it to the net . I actually wondered what it was while playing it and it wasn’t till I got it up near the surface at the net I saw it was a chub . DAFC0DB8-8AF2-4874-8870-9F6331729969.jpeg

Lcn

It was a lot busier than it has been recently and I’d only taken 2 pints with me because I’ve not really needed a lot on my last few trips but could have used double or triple that today easily