Caistor lakes info

Robertp

Hi I am looking to go to Caistor lakes in Lincolnshire in a couple of week (foundry pool).I am just getting back into fishing and wondering if their is any pegs,bait inside info that will help me on my trip. Any reply will be much appreciated

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
No, I keep looking at their specimen lake but it just seems a step too far. The place its self seems a great set up though from what you read so I am sure you won't be disappointed, I follow their facebook page mainly for the pictures of the food :ROFLMAO:.

Robertp

No, I keep looking at their specimen lake but it just seems a step too far. The place its self seems a great set up though from what you read so I am sure you won't be disappointed, I follow their facebook page mainly for the pictures of the food :ROFLMAO:.
??? the food does look good I will take a look at the Facebook page later

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Stayed there for a week last year in our caravan. Pitches very close together. Fished Foundry it’s full of fish, found paste the best bait. The food in the restaurant is wonderful and the staff are brilliant. We are in there every day, great breakfast and evening meals were to die for. Not to expensive as well

Robertp

Stayed there for a week last year in our caravan. Pitches very close together. Fished Foundry it’s full of fish, found paste the best bait. The food in the restaurant is wonderful and the staff are brilliant. We are in there every day, great breakfast and evening meals were to die for. Not to expensive as well
Thanks Simon looking forward to it hopefully the weather will stay around 9 degrees

Robertp

No just going over for 5 hours, I’m going to go for a walk round tomorrow to have a look i have been fishing tansterne and Lambwath lakes quite a bit just trying a few different ones around the hull/ Humber area? Any recommendations ?

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Try the pegs on the far bank 17-18. And fish to the shadow of the bridge. This is about 9m. Feed micro pellets via a small toss pot and fish expander, maggot or paste on the hook. We had a match recently and 40lbs won it with mainly carp and bream caught

Robertp

Try the pegs on the far bank 17-18. And fish to the shadow of the bridge. This is about 9m. Feed micro pellets via a small toss pot and fish expander, maggot or paste on the hook. We had a match recently and 40lbs won it with mainly carp and bream caught
That’s great info thank you I would be happy with 40lb in this weather ???

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
That’s great info thank you I would be happy with 40lb in this weather ???
Will add, there is no need to fish too heavy either as there is a lack of snags. Would go no bigger than a 16 hook. If the carp and bream are off the ide average a pound or so and can be caught shallow on caster or maggot. I have booked a matched for the 22nd. Enjoy

Robertp

Will add, there is no need to fish too heavy either as there is a lack of snags. Would go no bigger than a 16 hook. If the carp and bream are off the ide average a pound or so and can be caught shallow on caster or maggot. I have booked a matched for the 22nd. Enjoy
Cheers pal I’m their on the 19th i will update how I get on?
I went for a walk round and the pegs are very tight and couldn’t believe how small the specimen lake was

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
When we were there earlier this year, not one fish was caught on the specimen lake over a good few days

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
When we were there earlier this year, not one fish was caught on the specimen lake over a good few days
[
Cheers pal I’m their on the 19th i will update how I get on?
I went for a walk round and the pegs are very tight and couldn’t believe how small the specimen lake was
cheers mate, would be useful. We also used to fish the pond at the bottom and the fish are bigger. The best peg used to be on the far side, it is still there but directly next to a cabin. Fish at 11 m for the deeper hole. Some huge tench frequent that peg