Cage 'Bucket' feeders with claws

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Hi guys, I recently read an article by JVS where he used one of the pictured feeders. Does anyone happen to know where I can buy some from please?

Thanks

Attachments

• feederfull.jpg
    feederfull.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 87

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Nunachuk

Not quite the same but very close. I'm sure they are/were made by Preston. not sure if they are still made though.

EDIT
There is a seller on eBay doing them but he's in Italy.

Preston Claw Feeders Cage Feeder

1564649967170.png

You could fire off an email to Preston and see if they are still available here.

Last edited:

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Chris Watson who posts in the who's going to Holland thread is our man, he uses them in Holland.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Hi Guys, thanks for our replies, but the feeders that you have there are not enclosed at one end, which is what I'm after-Thanks anyway!

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Quick question: What are they for? In all my life I have never seen one used!

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I fish the river Ijssel in Holland a lot and we use cage feeders with claws up to 140G and we use them with claws as the claws help them grip the bottom better and prevent them from rolling! There is actually three positions to position the claws to achieve different presentation.

bertie

Hi guys, I recently read an article by JVS where he used one of the pictured feeders. Does anyone happen to know where I can buy some from please?

Thanks
Hi Pat I made them for some anglers when we where fishing the last Anglo Dutch a week ago. So if you want some let me know. Bertie.

Bungee Restretched

Google futterkorb mit krallen, or use German amazon. The Preston and Nisa wires aren't man enough; the continental thick stainless wire ones are the ones to go for.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Thanks Bertie, can I have 5 X 60g 5 X 70g 5 X 80, 5 X 90g and finally 5 X 100g. Many thanks mate and I'll collect them from you in April on the Festival. Regards to the family!