Cadence vs tri-Cast rod question

Doobydog

What is the difference in actions and power between a Cadence CR10 #2 13ft and a Tri-Cast Excellence Waggler 13ft rod ?
I do not want to buy 2 rods that are effectively the same.
I need it for tench float fishing when occasional carp will be hooked. I need it to bully tench away from weed beds and snags in summer, float fishing close in and upto 25 yards.

Am aware one is a Waggler and one is a match rod.

Hope this is not a daft question

Thanks

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Waggler rod and match rod are effectively synonyms. The use of either term is no particular indication of power.

I don't have experience of either rod to make any recommendation to you. However, if you are considering the Cadence, would it not be worth considering the CR10 No.3?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I don’t know about the #2 but I should think it’ll be powerful enough for you as I have a #1 and it certainly handles carp of say 6lb fine (as long as you don’t mind having to properly play fish) so pretty sure the #2 would deal with any tench you’re realistically going to catch. Should think the #3 must be really powerful, probably handle doubles fine on that.

Doobydog

Thanks, I watched the #2 land a Barbel on a fast river so I think its up to handling tench and carp. The #3 may be too powerful for my needs.

Zerkalo

I have the Tricast Waggler at 12' and it's a decent rod but very through actioned. No experience of Cadence rods but saw James Robbins used the #3 in open water for Tench. Personally I prefer heavier rods for Tench but it's personal preference I guess on how you like to play fish.

Doobydog

I have the Tricast Waggler at 12' and it's a decent rod but very through actioned. No experience of Cadence rods but saw James Robbins used the #3 in open water for Tench. Personally I prefer heavier rods for Tench but it's personal preference I guess on how you like to play fish.
I finally decided to buy the Cadence CR10 #3 rod at 12ft . Have not tried it yet. The chances of hooking a 10lb plus carp on it are quite high at my venues. I cant put a sign up tench only...